cluex.org plans a big event for UT2004 in 2014!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ShX

Jul 8, 2012
In 2014, we will be (hoping) to celebrate the 10th anniversary of our beloved game. Closer to the holidays - June '14 exactly, cluex.org will try to provide an event worthy of that occassion - which will most likely be the biggest event in recent years.

Why would it be the biggest one? The tournament will be held over a period of 2 weeks, and accept many player sign-ups, so as to not disrupt valuable holiday time people.
The tournament will utilise a division system, which we dearly hope will enable players from multiple skill and experience levels play on an equal field; It's worth noting that this may also improve the quality of match ups. I will *try* to invite old-school, well-known players to fill division one (colloquially named "division zero"), complete with a few special rules. Each of the divisions will have 3 TOP players, which will be awarded prizes: money and possibly hardware. More info will be released later.

loadingbar.png

Last update: 18.09.2013

These are still just plans, however. To make this happen, I have started asking for monetary donations since July. At present, I have a small percentage of the overall goal (see above). At present, I don't want to to give out too much information on what the exact amount of money we are gathering is. The reason is the following: I believe that some people, after seeing the total prize pool would doubt that it could, or would, ever happen. I believe it's a high amount for UT2004, but it's not unreachable without YOUR help.

To make those plans happen I need support from the community. I would appreciate any help which would bring in more players to play in the aforementioned league, although I will fully admit that the one thing which would encourage most players (either old ones which have retired a long time ago, or the new ones) is money. If you like the idea and decide to support it, I would be really grateful for any donations you can spare. Any and all donations you can give will go a long way to bringing us closer to our goal and enable us to make the biggest online event for UT2004 on it's 10th anniversary happen! All donations will be mentioned in a list of donators, which is posted in here: http://cluex.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3163 The progress bar will be updated once every month.

To all prospective donators - the donations are payable via PayPal to my account: fifipiw1@gmail.com
If you do have any questions to be asked, feel free to compose a private message on cluex.org or send an email to fifipiw1@gmail.com

Thank you for reading this post. We at cluex.org look forward to seeing you participating on the 10th anniversary event!

Source: http://cluex.org/event