*Clones United* Opening now.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hollib

Registered Bandit
Aug 6, 2004
lübeck, germany.
Gentleman,

I am pleased to announce the grand opening of the Bandits *Clones United* forum at mod central. The forum is mainly aimed at clone bandit mapping with discussions about up and coming clone bandits maps and wish lists for future map development.

There will be many exciting events including the yearly miss clone bandits bikini contest, well not really but I am sure we can all gang up and frag screech every once in a while.

You do not need to be able to map to join the forum, but useful map requests / ideas would be most welcome to help in the proliferation of quality clone bandit maps."

We are going to be using the forum to host our newly developed maps, and hope you regularly visit and post to keep the forum alive.

So come on guys lets help clone bandits be the UT2K4 mod it deserves to be "

http://forum.modcentral.us/forumdisplay.php?f=157

*Clones United* Team
screech, cravensmythe and hollib. :)

Last edited:

Jason[Demiurge]

Level Designer
Well let me be the first to say great job! On behalf of everyone at Demiurge Studios, I would like to extend a personal thanks for everyone's enthusiams towards our mod. It's great to see that so many people are not only enjoying it, but enjoying it so much that they have gone on to add to our mod.

I took a look at some of the pics of the new island map in progress, and it looks like pretty hot stuff. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I think I'll just have to sign myself up for an account on your guys forums so I can keep on the ball. I encourage everyone else who's interested in making/testing out new community maps to join this other forum as well. :D

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
Well I have signed up to the forum

So hope you all join and provide some help / imagination for all of those would be clone bandit map creators.

I reckon we should have a "Bug hollib" section of the new forum where we can post hollib the most contrived questions about clone bandits and mapping and see if he can answer them :lol:

Anyway hope to see you all on the new forum

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
I, too have a new map in progress, maybe I can get some decent pics later on to upload. In short, it will only have 1 pump in order to put all the emphasis on a more cops-and-robbers-ish gameplay feeling of stealing clones rather than attacking pumps, so it should be interesting:)

And I have taken pity on all of you with ****ty internet connections because my goal is to have great bots :lol: So far they can do all the normal stuff and jump over a big hole in a bridge by using nitro on the way back to base (Yeah, I can hear the demiurge guys thinking, "wow, how uncreative" :lol: but hey it was cravensmythe's idea :D :lol: )

well screenies soon hopefully

cravensmythe

Amigo Bandito
Jun 30, 2004
Yorkshire, UK
Screech said:
I, too have a new map in progress, maybe I can get some decent pics later on to upload. In short, it will only have 1 pump in order to put all the emphasis on a more cops-and-robbers-ish gameplay feeling of stealing clones rather than attacking pumps, so it should be interesting:)

And I have taken pity on all of you with ****ty internet connections because my goal is to have great bots :lol: So far they can do all the normal stuff and jump over a big hole in a bridge by using nitro on the way back to base (Yeah, I can hear the demiurge guys thinking, "wow, how uncreative" :lol: but hey it was cravensmythe's idea :D :lol: )

well screenies soon hopefully

I like jumping the cuda over holes in bridges it is fun, every map should have one :)

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
The promised screenshots.

Note1: except for a couple of spots, my FPS is horrible. this is due in part to the excessive grass (see below) and the fact that I need to replace the antiportals (when I placed the antiportals the map was rather different). My vid card also sucks, but I will deal with the first two problems before trying to tackle buying a new video card. Well actually a completely new computer....but that's enough bitching from me :lol:

Note2: I didn't even know the grass existed until I turned up my detail and foiliage and stuff to take the screenies, and the majority of it will be removed in the future. I mean to use more dead-looking shrubs if any at all.

Note3 (to hollib and cravensmythe mostly) I might not use the red texture because I have been fiddling with the lighting for eons to give it a nice glowing-in-the-afternoon-to-sunset look, I don't really feel like throwing that away, although it is still possible. It would make more sense however to just make a new map and use that texture as the main texture.

So, in short, this is a dry river/valley (like Deathvalley) with that nice rocky texture (like canyonero) with a bridge with a hole in it (like deathvalley)(known as "cravensmythe's hole, hehe) and another bridge that just works good (w00t, I made something new! :lol: :D :eek: (j/k) ). The biggest difference between this and other CB maps is that there is a forward base of sorts for each team located right above the pump on their respective sides of the valley. each outpost has a few spawn points, and a couple miniguns on top of the diner in it (we call them the diner bases, lol). Don't worry, the miniguns can't (at least shouldn't be able to.....I will have to recheck that, now that it comes to mind) shoot the pump. There is only 1 pump, located in the very middle of the valley, under the 2 bridges and between the "diner bases". the bots cause some mass genocide down there :D

Anyway, back to the diner bases: each is located a little ways from the end of the small bridge. The most important thing is that the tank for each team spawns there, so there is effectively a continuous tank battle over the pump :)

However the reason I only had one pump is basically to make the jars more important: a mass robery of the enemy is possible and teamwork will gain you some serious clone numbers :) there are 4 clone jars in each base, ripe for stealing, and effectively a direct route between the bases is created by the upper bridge. But, there's a technicality.....hit the jump and the nitro at just the wrong angle and you go flying off into the tank battle below.....:) :lol: (note: yes, the bots use nitrous :) )

Cravensmythe had another idea: since we often play CB just for tricks and such, why not put a trick area into the map? So, i put one behind the blue base. It is still in construction of course... :) the biggest problem is that it basically won't really work on my video card (see screenies) but hey, as long as I can get my nitro... :)

so, here comes the screenies....

Attachments

• Shot00025.JPG
    Shot00025.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Shot00026.JPG
    Shot00026.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 35
  • Shot00027.JPG
    Shot00027.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Shot00028.JPG
    Shot00028.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 43
  • Shot00029.JPG
    Shot00029.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 31

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
more....

Attachments

• Shot00030.JPG
    Shot00030.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 34
  • Shot00031.JPG
    Shot00031.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 37
  • Shot00032.JPG
    Shot00032.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 33
  • Shot00033.JPG
    Shot00033.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 31

Rhl

Oct 11, 2004
Very nice, that map looks awesome. Can't wait to get my hands on it and steal some jars o' clones. If you get a new videocard, get a Radeon 9800 Pro, that'll last you a while. ;)

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
thanks :) I have an RC out right now but we probably won't ("officially") release it until we finish a mappack of some sort....although I'm not really sure.

as for video cards, I've looked at the benchies and it is probably a far better deal to go with a 6800 for about $280 than a 9800 for $200. the 6800 is a much better deal. I know it only has 12 pipelines (unless you mod it....but I don't so that)rather than 16 like the others (ultra, GT etc) but it is still a far better deal. But, I don't really have the money to buy even a geforce fx (which are ****). anyway...enough bitching from me. lol.

Rhl

Oct 11, 2004
Well, I have some counter-arguments for that.

1. Nvidia has horrible driver support. Get a game that's broken with Nvidia drivers? It'll stay broken for a while, trust me (UT2004 was broken for 6 months on Nvidia cards/drivers!).

2. There's a Radeon 9800 Pro on newegg right now that's $190 dollars, and has a full copy of hitman 3, essentially making it $140 if you sell the Hitman 3 game! Compare that to other $200 Radeon 9800 pro's that have a demo disk. OH GOD, DEMOS THAT LAST ME 1 HOUR EACH, YIPPIEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. A Radeon 9800 Pro has comparable performance to a 12 pipeline GeForce 6800.

Last edited:

Screech

Jul 11, 2004
1) I have ben playing unreal for months on my geforce....bad performance but it runs.

2) sounds good......but probably wouldn't play it......and I would only be able to make, like, 20 bucks off a computer game.

3) That's B.S. :D

on Another note, since this seems to have become the "go check out this new map of mine" thread, I am happy so say that I am in the process of converting ONS-Spiffingrad to CB.......most likely to be released with the other maps that both I and hollib are doing in some kind of mappack. :)