--Check this out – the old feeling--

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dose the music in this level make you think of Unreal-1

• Yes, it takes me far away like Unreal once did

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, I don’t feel that nostalgic mood of Unreal-1

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Ok, first off only download this if you have played Unreal 1 the game, if not then there is no point because you won’t have those memorys to relate.

Please turn your HUD off for this map: "Please I ask or you will kill the mood".
The music should play even if you have your music off and it must play for this example so turn your speakers on or don't bother.
http://mgiese1.home.comcast.net/unreal_soundex.htm

Let me know how you feel on this?
Here is the question: doses the music make the mood in this level feel like the old unreal game?

Last edited:

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
Is this for UT2K3? I ask because I spotted a .ogg file and I don't have the game installed at the moment.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Yes it is. I modified the map in UT2004

I would check it out when you get a chance.
You will see right away what I’m getting at with this post. One of the biggest things that disappointed me about the new Unreal-II was the modern techno music. I mean they went from dark new age to modern new wave or what ever you call it.

Anyway check this map out; you’ll see just how powerful the music in a level can be.

das_ben

Concerned.
Feb 11, 2000
Teutonia
I don't have enough space for UT2K3 right now [I know, I need to upgrade daily]. I'll check the file out nevertheless, one of the various music players on my HD probably handles .ogg files.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Well if you can’t play it, at least look at this picture when you are playing the music. I know it sounds corny but trust me.

Just keep this picture up on your screen and look at it while you listen to the music from that OGG file
But it is better to play the map becouse you get the rain effects and smoke as well as the rain sound. Makes it all that much more real.

By the way, again this is a 2004 map, not sure if it will even play on 2003? I know it's backwark compatible as far as playing old maps in the new version of unreal but not sure about playing new maps on the older 2003 platform? Or am I wrong, maby it is a 2003 map, I forget?

Attachments

• Night_sky.jpg
    Night_sky.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
I like it. The mood is there, but some of the sounds you used are not similar enough with unreal 1 music, maybe too modern. Perhaps it lacks a bit of ethnic influences too.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Wow, thanks for posting this, absolutely beautiful.
Man I wish Epic would remake the entire Unreal 1 game on the new engine with all the same music, Man would I be in heaven.

By the way, were you able to download Nyleve-2? I keep getting a corrupt file error when trying to open the zip file, it's 648KB in size which dosen't sound right.

I just registered there so maybe that’s why I couldn’t get the file but I just have to wait for the conformation.

Amazing work from that guy, Thanks so much for shearing this! :eek:

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Never played original unreal, well past the first level that is.
I think i was into quake2 at the time.. or q3.

Anyway, i like the atmosphere except for the movement of ut2k4 in the map. It's too fast. But the music is nice. Indeed a fresh breath after all that techno-rock-crap music. Don't get me wrong tho, i love techno, but that rock influence is just not my cup of tea.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
Serpentine was the first time i saw ironsights for an fps game, it was so cool i remember modifying all my inf maps at that time to have both Inf and serpentine weapons in the same level. BTW I wonder if it was the first mod with ironsights...
Sorry if i'm offtopic. Well, i loved the unreal outside maps. Phew, back on the subject.