Chaos UT2 Update

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
The ChaosUT2 website has been update "chaos-style", meaning it's packed full of new information. Foremost is the news of a "soonish" release of the next version of the UT2004 mod.

For you screenshot junkies, you'll find an incredible amount of those too - with new bits sprinkled throughout. The POTW features a new CTF option that promises to nix those pesky Manta riders.

You'll find links to a recent podcast interview with CUT2 lead modeler and mapper, LoQtUS. They've got a change list and a huge amount of details on what to expect in the future version.

Finally, you'll find some BU exclusive pics below, featuring a little devil you'll soon get to meet. The pics show Duke going through his "summoning" animations, spawning Imps in his wake.
Black Duke, a monster for our Horde Hunters game type (which is a sort of melee-Invasion). This is one of the toughest monsters that the players have to fight. He carries and uses a flaming sword, but he can also summon a smaller flying monster to help him. They flying guys with daggers that he summons are called the Imps.

(the Imps also spawn on their own early in game as a lower level monster, but then the Duke can summon them as well to assist him)

Check out this storied mod if you haven't already. The guys have done some amazing stuff over the years and it appears that they are dedicated to keep going and going... and going.

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
YEAH MOTHER ****ER!!

I haven't played UT2004 in literally months, but this is going to be the mod to bring it back. In fact the last time I played, it was with the Ballistic Weapons release. I haven't played it for a while, and I didn't bother getting the new released because the only thing I ever wanted was never implemented.

jb, after all this time, there better be a CAS12 in my future. In this mod, or not. :p ;)

May 12, 2005
Hate to stunk up the thread but that devil model looks really crappy and low-poly. Maybe because I've been playing oblivion too much, but the model looks uninspiring.

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
hal said:
The POTW features a new CTF option that promises to nix those pesky Manta riders.
This reminds me of all the griping about manta riders and DXII modding maps to have a manta blocking volume over the flag
I kept telling people, would it really be so hard to code a mut that turns bCanBeBaseForPawns= to False for mantas
Cap'n Beeb said:
If a release of Chaos features a bow and arrow a la U4E for UT, I will never stop playing it. Ever.
I take it you've never played CUT before
They got's a crossbow, with regular, flaming, poison and explosive arrows, as well as a changeable altfire: 5 arrow charge or a single arrow speed charge

Wulff

Bola Gun fun anyone?
May 25, 2004
Netherlands
Cap'n Beeb said:
If a release of Chaos features a bow and arrow a la U4E for UT, I will never stop playing it. Ever.
So I'm not the only one that loved that damn bow, it was just sheer awesome.

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
Hans Oberlander said:
Hate to stunk up the thread but that devil model looks really crappy and low-poly. Maybe because I've been playing oblivion too much, but the model looks uninspiring.

Fair enough. But as far as polys go please keep in mind that he's appearing in an invasion-style game type that usually is going to have many monsters and players and such on screen at once. Personally I've been testing the game type on maps like the very nice and wonderfully large FBU ONS maps with 30 or sometimes 40 'monsters' per wave (but default is something like a dozen or so I think).

Anyway, nothing wrong with the opinion, it's valid. Just wanted to mention that we didn't really want a too highly detailed model for this purpose. And he really does look even better in action, what with his flaming animations for the Imp summoning and with all the other stuff going on at same time.

Maybe consider giving him a shot in-game and see how it goes.

Thanks very much to hal for the kind post. :2thumb:

May 12, 2005
Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that was a character model. I looked at the model and went "That looks really crappy for a Chaos mod."

Anyways, good stuff.

jb

May 22, 2000
www.planetunreal.com
Nemephosis said:
jb, after all this time, there better be a CAS12 in my future. In this mod, or not. :p ;)

We did not have time to work on any new models (as we have some things like a new relic, a new feature in our CTF game that summon's a "familar" to help you...and a new fully working weapon all of these are in various stages of working in the code, not ready for prime time yet but the ground work was started). There is no CAS12, but lets just say you may not be dissapointed and leave it at that :)

madspacemarinemustdie said:
Is the current version only combatible to 3323, or 3323 and higher?

It will work with the current version of UT2k4 (latest and greatest) and should work with older version however we can not ensure those older versions will work...

Last edited:

Trailboss3

If it moves...Kill it!
Aug 22, 2004
Hello JB and the rest of the Chaos Team. Glad to see you guys are still working on this Mod :)