? Championship or Tournament ?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Who here has played both? If you have you would know that there arnt many differnces between tournament. The weapons are the same, most maps, characters, etc..

Who agrees? :con:

Last edited:

Sijik

Snagged an item.
Aug 27, 2004
All Hallows Sunset
marko said:
Who here has played both? If you have you would know that there arnt many differnces between tournament. The weapons are the same, most maps, characters, etc..

Who agrees? :con:

Ut2003 and UC1 were co-developed, so there are a lot of similarities. However, the weapon models are noticeably different, and the UC maps thathave been ported to UT2003/4 have been modified. The main difference is that UT2k3/4 have significantly more content. As far as their being very similar, that's simply because UC1 is essentially Ut2003 for the Xbox. It's not a port, it's not a remake, it's the same game developed at the same time for another platform that was handled slightly differently. So, you're right thre aren't many differences, but at the same time there aren't supposed to be.

Shadow

Has Balls Of Steel
Oct 20, 2004
Yea thats what i thought.. and ya 2k4 is better cause it does have more content.

But ya I just wanted to know if other people noticed. :D

SubCog

Sep 27, 2003
why did they change all the weapon models for uc1? Those are some of teh ugliest weapon models evar.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Disagree.I liked most of the UC1 weapon models BETTER than the UT2k3 counterparts.

Shadow71

Feb 27, 2005
California
nshewchuk.com
Yeah I only have Unreal Championship and Unreal Tournament 2004 to go off, but 2k4 has a lot of the levels from UC, and I usually get a pretty similar experience playing them, except i get pwned a lot mroe in the PC version then in the Xbox version.

Gnam

Feb 13, 2002
Yes, please.
Unreal Championship is UT2003 with less maps and an added "character attributes" feature. That's about it. I did notice though that the link/pulse gun in UC functions significantly different from that of UT2004 (the fire rate is faster, and more like the UT99 pulse gun). I don't know if this is consistent with UT2003 since I haven't played it, but I like UC's link/pulse gun a lot better than UT2004's. It just seems more "right".