Cars are not completely solid

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eridius

Oct 23, 2004
Many times I have shot rockets through the bottom of a car. Each time I expected it to hit the car and possibly flip it. Instead the rockets goes right through the car. It seems that the bottom third, maybe the bottom half of the car is insubstantial. This is *extremely* annoying, because I'm losing clones because I can't hit the car when I should have. Please fix the collision detection for the cars.

And speaking of collision detection, the peaks on top of peril plateau seem to have a larger collision area than is actually visible. Many times I have crashed my moscowboy on the air surroundng these peaks when I'm trying to get to the pump.

Al[Demiurge]

Oct 23, 2003
www.demiurgestudios.com
The collision hull problem on the car is actually a problem with UT2K4 in general. You'll find similiar problems with many of the vehicles in the retail game. Basically, we don't want to car to "bottom-out" while driving, so we have to scoot it's collision geometry higher than it would otherwise be. Unfortunatey indeed, but there's nothing to be done. :-(

We spent many hours haggling over the right height.

Regards,
Al