Can somebody please help me!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mut

May 30, 2000
A friend came over told me "You got to play UT "So I buy UT
Then he tells me you got to download INF Mod.So I do Then the patch, then the upgrade, Then the Maps,Great Im all set ,Friend leaves for 5months dosen't tell me how to find online games. In the UT window where it says find internet games I find no INF games .In the Inf Mod I find 6 or 7 games with nobody in there So this is it!Last attempt!
Questions
1 In half-life when you sign on to iternet games you can filter is there a place to do this? Anywhere?

2 When I play UT (not in Inf Mod) online . When I get near
another player or in a my melee screen gets very choppy like Im playing in a room with a strobe light (a very slow one).All of my resoloutions are set to low and my 3D sound is turned off. Is this a video card Problem or a net problem? What is a acceptable ping rate?
3 After I down load and unzip amap file it shows up as a folder usually with a, map file, a read me file, and sometimes a couple more files .Do I put the whole folder in the UT Map folder or do I seperate them?
4 When I Play Inf Mod Offline My maps are full of UT weapons not Inf weapons .Whats up?
5 My Computer is an E- Machine P 3 500 64mb, ATI 128 Rage pro Graphics card, 56k modem ISP is MSN What is the best Graphics Card I can play UT with ?
I just want to kill people not type!!!!!!!!!!!1

MiscMan

The Grand Elitist
Dec 24, 1999
Well, the choppiness is probably lag from the server. Usually because when you are close to someone they shoot at you, which strains the server more than when they are not.
Since you only have a 56k, i would look into getting a better connection.

Best UT card would be a voodoo 3 or higher. A geforce annihilator is what i use, but OpenGL is kinda crappy with UT(its awesome for everything else tho).

About servers, use the INF-Server browser under the mod menu. Then it will filter out non-inf games. About the servers, SOBservers went away and they were the best, so now a lot of people have stopped playing INF online as often. SG is ok if you get a good ping. Kiyote's Den is good as well, just go into one and people will show up soon enough.

----
In replacement of my normal, cheaply animated sig, i'll replace it with my name and weekly, quote(or something).

-MiscMan

smokin.gif

"Life does not consist mainly, or even largely, of facts and happenings. It consists mainly of the storm of thought that is forever flowing through one's head."

-Mark Twain

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
Mut,

I would suggest you read through our Infiltration help sections. They include a lot of information that applies to regualr UT, including a detailed section on how to install downloaded maps. You can find them by clicking the "Infiltration Mod Help" link on the homepage and then navigating from there.

I hope you can get your answers there. If not, AFTER you have read it all, feel free to e-mail me.

Shan

Dedicated to providing the Infiltration community with a one-stop source for information and fun, friendly on-line gaming.

Visit us at www.sgservers.com.