Buoyancy and wind for ut

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
Would be cool to code a buoyancy factor for perhaps staticmeshes in water volumes. Would be cool to have a "wind volume" to that can push objects with sails.

Would be cool to have a bay area of water or sound with frigates and clippers and other such old style sail ships with cannons shooting at each other.

Is this possible in ut?

Editor_n00b

Aug 27, 2005
I dunno, but I've thought about stuff like that in the past...if it's possible, it's way outta my league.

N°tAdm¡n

Dec 14, 2005
actually yeah it is possible lol. pick a static mesh, right click and ADD KARMA. boom, place it in water and open its properties, raise boyancy..

now you just either give it movement in its properties, make it a mover, or TRY(i havnt tested karma with volumes yet) to use a volume with slight gravity along a horizontal axis..

or script a volume that pushes karma