Bulletstorm Screenshot Bonanza

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
What ?
No one has said anything about that hair yet ?

HedgeMaster

May 3, 2009
Obviosly it's only one level, can't wait to see more. Hopefully they will be as much original as this overgrown futuristic city,

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
I'm not too impressed with the screenshots - they just look too Disney for my liking.
Over-saturated and full of bloom.
It just makes everything look arse

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Don't listen to him.
Please keep the colours in Epic.
Add in a "Next-gen" filter like Naughty Dog for the lulz if you must.
But please keep the colours!

Oh and if that's too much bloom... here's some eye cancer. You're welcome :)

[screenshot]http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/1954/mh3bloomoverdose.png[/screenshot]

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I'm not too impressed with the screenshots - they just look too Disney for my liking.
Over-saturated and full of bloom.
It just makes everything look arse

Sheesh, not to sound like a complete fanboi, but can you actually provide a screenshot of what you would call "Decent Montage"?

For **** sake guys. Either it's too BROWN. Or Too Disney land. So what exactly is the right pick?

-=WolverinE=-

Apr 16, 2006
Looks good...graphics wise anyway. There are some oversaturated areas and dark areas where the sun is present (annoys the hell out of me, but too many games have it...), but mostly looks good. And it seems they are using the latest UE3.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Sheesh, not to sound like a complete fanboi, but can you actually provide a screenshot of what you would call "Decent Montage"?

For **** sake guys. Either it's too BROWN. Or Too Disney land. So what exactly is the right pick?

Proves that people like to complain at everything they see :)

Last edited:

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid

Why would you care about what people want anyways? they will always bitch about this and that, you seem to really enjoy what has been released so far, stay with that, feel the bliss. haters gonna hate specially smart-ass-haters :)

[screenshot]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3406/4565985992_0ed0759b71_o.jpg[/screenshot]

Those buildings Immediately reminded me of Kami's Savaltion, fo'real
[SCREENSHOT]http://i39.tinypic.com/2ce3e43.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest

Well this is more like what I was thinking actually.
Note the subtle & correct use of tinting.
The juxtapositioning of complementary colours and the framing of the lead character.
It works beautifully and so restful on the eye.

fuddi.jpg

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Awww.
Oh and I guess some people will probably be happy about the presence of bullet guns in this game.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Awww.
Oh and I guess some people will probably be happy about the presence of bullet guns in this game.

Yeah :lol:

OMG GENERIC WEPON!

Why would you care about what people want anyways? they will always bitch about this and that, you seem to really enjoy what has been released so far, stay with that, feel the bliss. haters gonna hate specially smart-ass-haters :)

It's all about the trend. I just can't get myself understand how people always bring out "Too brown" or "Too colorful" every time any game screenshot is released. But of course everyone has their own tastes..

Last edited:

Numb51

Feb 3, 2008
We all know that the graphics will look half as good as they do in these screenshots. Don't you remember the first hundred or so pictures of UT3? They added in a lot of personal details, like the facial expressions of the soldiers. For a while, some people thought that there would be facial animations for when ever anyone got hit or dodged.

When the UT3 demo came out, people were upset that they didn't look as good as in the screenshots, and than we all hoped that the retail version would have higher rez graphics, which I thought they all turned out to be very identical.

Regardless, I think this game looks pretty awesome. It looks like a mix of Bioshock and UT. I really like the new points system for rewards, but I think it might increase the distance of skill from a casual player to a near-professional. There comes a point when people can get so good at player movement tracking with their cross hair that they look nearly like aimbots. (This is more easily seen in Quake 3, but is still common among UT players in the top skill tier) I could see some huge balance issues if the rapid fire machine guns that shoot bullets gave you extra points for headshots. I know really good players would have no problem aiming for the head the whole time even though the target is moving. Maybe the point system is basically just an HP leacher. As in, the damage you do is what gives you the points, but I doubt that.

I'm thinking into this too much.