bullets penetrating through people

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

the big cheese

ze germans! ze germans are coming!
Jun 28, 2001
midwest somewhere
Visit site
This is what happens when a .50 cal bullet hits the side of your head. Shot by a Fabrique Nationale sniper rifle in the ear. (thought it was french. my bad, it's belgian. oops.) note - this is really really gross. Wish they'd be able to model this in the game. It's a shame.

Warning: This is extremely graphic and may not be advised for some. Proceed at own risk.

http://vatican.rotten.com/gunshot/fn-shot.html

:instagib:

-belch-

JamesT

sniper apprentice
Jun 25, 2001
Taiwan
inf.dearhoney.idv.tw
I have tested this several times since I want to become a sniper in this game. The result is: possible, but probability low.

Hey, why don't we just go ask the INF team programmers? They set the rules; they must know what we want to know, right?

Antedeluge

I survived the flood of 2000 B.C.
Jan 1, 2001
Visit site
Well I think what goes on is this:

-The player model has a hitbox, which is a vertical cylinder surrounding the model.

-Different weapons can shoot through different thicknesses of "stuff" where stuff could be anything from a solid brush to a hitbox.

-If you try it out, the robar only shoots through about 12 inches or so of stuff, and front to back, the player hitbox is thicker than this.

-However, if you were to shoot the "edge" of the target and not fire through the hit cylinder at the widest point, there is a possibility the shot will go through and damage other targets.

Maybe this "top-down view" picture will help:

hitboxes.jpg

Last edited: