BU @ E3 Uber-Res UT2007 Shots

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Super-Moose

Dec 3, 2005
UK
Plixorator said:
Maybe Expanded onslaught is warfare?

(I dont know who im trying to convince here)
I would've thought that was fairly obvious. Warfare/Conquest was only ever Onslaught with bits added from Assault anyway. Since ONS has been UT2k4's most popular gametype, it would make sense to stick with the same name.

edit/ K, I'm wrong. FU Steve Polge. :p

Last edited:

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I take it that's our first pic of a Necris beside Malcolm. Hope so. It looks much better than the drag queens in 2k4 :tup:

Hmm... Sept/Oct '06 plz. Any later and I'll have lost interest too.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah i agree for the release date, it's been so long. But seriously, i'd rather pay for a good game and wait until Jan/feb 2007, other than having a ****ty game with unbalanced gametypes this year. Mainly the axon and necris team vehicles which are completely different, that should take a Very long while before balencing them.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Mr. UglyPants said:
Your stupid! It's still there just watch the new Gamespot vid for proof!

Your Stupid! I posted that comment before the gamespot video was released.
Before they releases that video, Epic had not mentioned Warfare in their E3 promo leaflet, and had said they were killing the idea of streaming multiple maps into one big map, and that it would be 3 consecutive ONS games one after another. THis only led me to conclude that they were canning Warfare.

It remains to be seen how much of the original Wafare idea epic will strip down to plain ONS.

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
Mulch_D said:
Did anyone else notice that it looks like the gunners of the levi seam to have different guns, that might prove to be interesting.

Yep, see earlier in this thread, or maybe another of the UT2007 threads.
No new info there as far as I remember, just me speculating about perhaps a team/cooperative weapon combo.

gregori said:
Your Stupid! I posted that comment before the gamespot video was released.
Before they releases that video, Epic had not mentioned Warfare in their E3 promo leaflet, and had said they were killing the idea of streaming multiple maps into one big map, and that it would be 3 consecutive ONS games one after another. THis only led me to conclude that they were canning Warfare.

It remains to be seen how much of the original Wafare idea epic will strip down to plain ONS.

Actually the leaflet did say "and more" or something like that in the gametype list, so your assumption was a bit premature.
However calling somebody stupid for saying something only actually proven incorrect after some new piece of info is released isn't exactly civilized. :)

Warfare could work on regular maps as well if it's adapted a bit from the original multi-map idea.
I did wonder about this (yes or no ONS, yes or no new gametype) myself earlier, since Epic has been pretty inconsistent when discussing it.
Think: ONS, ONS 2.0, Warfare, Conquest...
People were quick enough to mention ONS and the new gametype are still different then, even though ONS is changed to included those special objectives as well.
I think that's still the truth, although of course Epic can always change this in the future if they feel they need to.

I personally think old fashioned ONS will be boring compared to something featuring AS objectives, and ONS 2.0 with the objectives will be too similar to the new gametype to make much sense.
Maybe no deployables in ONS or something, but then I'd rather play the more "complete" gametype.

Super-Moose

Dec 3, 2005
UK
Selerox said:
Also, UT2007 is not on XBOX360. If there was even a chance that it would be, Epic would've mentioned it by now. They haven't, so live it with. There'll be no UT on XBOX360.
You haven't seen the gamespot interview then?

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
I always thought the common trend was:

Unreal Tournament **** = PC (or PS3 now I guess)
Unreal Championship ** = XBox/XBox 360

There is going to be UT2007 for PC, right?

EDIT: Anyone notice how those guys are repairing the manta with wristbands instead of link guns? Maybe they turned the link into an offensive weapon again.

EDIT 2: Also, does anyone see Half-Life 2 in those walkers?

EDIT 3: And what's Selket doing with melee weapons by the Paladin?

Last edited:
C

Chemix

They are not using wrist bands to heal the manta in the screen, those are links to hook them up, note that they are riding on hoverboards and the screenshot file name, they are tagging along with the manta holding on via the beams.

As a note, the darkwalker, is a rip off of the war of the worlds tripod, but screw it man, it's the most awesome vehicle I've seen yet in UT, I always wanted to drive a massive relentless laser beam weilding tripod. I can already see the ownage as goliaths are obliterated by beams of fire raining down on them. The only probaly I can see is if the AI targeting system stays the same, as in, any constant firing weapon like the link, or in this case, the lazers of DOOM, has perfect aim and precision, making it essentialy an assured kill for any bot using it, hell you won't be able to win against these things with the old targetting system. So what I'm hoping is that the AI has had an overhall, or I'm going to be straining my 56k to play online which might cause me to make a return in exchange for Crysis or whatever great game is out at the time, but oh well, great thanks to the concept artists who came up with the new vehicles, the modelers who made them and the coders that allowed those giant legs to really walk instead of going through the terrain with the vehicle actualy hovering there.

Narse

Dec 21, 2005
Chemix said:
As a note, the darkwalker, is a rip off of the war of the worlds tripod,

Well, considering how The War of the Worlds is in the public domain it is at least legal to rip things off from it.

Super-Moose

Dec 3, 2005
UK
LANCE.xd said:
EDIT 3: And what's Selket doing with melee weapons by the Paladin?
I'm sure she's just there to indicate scale. A lot of UC2's model are being used as place-holders, so I wouldn't assume she was in the game based on that.
Though she's hot, so it would be nice. D:

LANCE.xd

Flak Monkey
Feb 19, 2006
The Countdown Node
Chemix said:
They are not using wrist bands to heal the manta in the screen, those are links to hook them up, note that they are riding on hoverboards and the screenshot file name, they are tagging along with the manta holding on via the beams.

Yeah, that's what my friend told me the other night. It is interesting for like a water-ski cable. Sort of a revamped version of the Tribes Vengeance Grappler. Too bad you can shoot while hoverboarding, cause that would be the best way to travel!

(A picture of like 20 guys linked to a manta, all being dragged behind it, comes to mind :lol:)

btw, doesnt that bald dude remind you of Anubis?