Bots per map in ut2vote?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Profound_Darkness

Jan 4, 2005
First of all, thank you for making this thing, I have been using regular voting for ut2k4 for a bit and find it lacking big time. I have just recently come across this alternate vote system recently and just today found the forum and main page.

Anyway, I was wondering how hard it would be to have a per map bot setup as well as the min/max players option for maps. Something like how min players command works but on a per map basis.

For our purposes we play lan almost exclusively with all the human players on one team with a few bots and the other team exclusively bots. UT, by default, either has a set number of bots for all maps in that game or there is an option to have 1 bot per human player on the aposing team. This just doesn't work for us.

UT2Vote fills in a lot of stuff for me and speeds up a lot of stuff (looking forward to opinion polls and map removal/addition as well as new lists...) but I still haven't found a solution to our bot needs besides living with it or recently I found a botmanager mutator that allows you to add/remove bots on the fly to red/blue teams but that requires me (the admin) to be playing and balance things out every map.

I honestly don't know if there is something quite like what I am looking for out there already, all I can find are close fits such as setting the min players to an average number of players for that maplist or using the botmanager mutator.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Hi, I think you gonna battle to find what you are looking for regarding the Bots.
In UT2003 it would not have been a problem and there were several Bot mods floating around but in UT2004 the Bot story is very different due to AimBots etc so manipulating Bots is a nightmare as far as coding goes :)

Profound_Darkness

Jan 4, 2005
Never realy encountered the aimbot problem but I can see why epic would make it harder to have such things in ut2k4.

Will still cross my fingers that someone does a minplayers setting per map thing (or if desperation is enough I might try to do something...)

I never played much with ut2k3 though as almost nobody liked the maps (except bombing run) available and we pretty much all went back to UT.

thx for the info (I didn't even know about all the cheats rampant in UT).

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
What you can do is set UseMaplist=True in the GameType string then add commands next to each Map in the UT2004.ini file.
Just remember that if you do add a Mutator it must come 1st.

[XInterface.MapListCaptureTheFlag]
MapNum=0
Maps=CTF-ABSOLUTEZERO?Mutator=Whatever.Whatever?MinPlayers=4?MaxPlayers=10
Maps=CTF-MOONDRAGON?MinPlayers=2?MaxPlayers=2?GoalScore=10
Maps=CTF-GRASSYKNOLL

Imaginos

Deathball addict?
Sep 13, 2000
New Joisey, USA
Visit site
If you're feeling lucky, you might also try adding the ?numbots=# in those mapslist entries as well. To be safe, you may want to ensure there is a defalt value for the numbots option in the ut2vote gametype line so you don't have to specify it on *every* map in the maplist.

Profound_Darkness

Jan 4, 2005
<leaps about with glee>

I had no idea you could issue commands (such as minplayers or goalscore) on a per-map basis like that!

I was already gearing up to do a maplist thing before I found ut2vote so I did a small modification on my excell sheet so it would auto add the ?minplayers= line (I already had all maps and min/max/avg player ratings in the sheet) and copied the result to the maplist, it works beutifuly!!!

Thank you very much, this is pretty much what I wanted. The perfect thing would have been an auto lookup per map but I think I like the level of control available via this method, and not realy any extra work than I was already doing. oh I am happy now!!! Between this and the botkick in ut2vote I don't think I will need the botmanager anymore (except that it seems ut2vote wont let you kick bots if your alone on a server).