UE1 - UT Bots not taking road to victory...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
I have been helping someone called =|M|F|=Elite with a CTF map he's been working on.

Elite's Map, which I have helped "l33tify", has a slime tunnel with 3
entry pools - one at each flag and a somewhat larger one in the middle.

At the very centre point of the slime tunnel, directly under the big entry pool, is a UDamage. It is, in no way, possible to reach it before you die, even with the help of the UT_ShieldBelts placed within the level, as the SlimeZone is set to 100 DamagePerSec.

There is, above the somewhat small arena, some big stone rafters - if you will - on which, right in the middle, directly above the big entry pool and UDamage and is only accessible via UT_Jumpboots or Translocator, sits a nice ToxinSuit.

This suit gives one an enormous power to temporarily dominate the level, with the now accessible and very handy UDamage at their hand, as well as direct, unobstructed access between the 2 flags via the now traversable slime tunnel.

This suit is very much the key to victory, with the aforementioned domination power and all...

I have created some handy bot pathing that pretty much makes a bot travel straight back and forth from one flag to the other constantly and effectively.

However, I have also created some slightly more complex bot pathing that informs the bots on how to achieve the altitude, which was derived from a combination of DM-Peak and the advice collected from the invaluable Unreal Wiki.

long story short, paths dont fkin work. bots dont bloody go up with the boots or xloc. can someone take a squizz for me? 'preciate it.

EDIT:

Yeh, but nah, but yeh, but nah, but seriously, I've linked the LiftExits and JumpSpots with their LiftTags and adjusted the MaxDist2D and MaxZDiffAdd, and nothing is working! I've given the ToxinSuit a MaxDesirability of 5.000000, but they still won't go up there! There's well and truly a full blue path link from the floor to the rafters.

On another side-issue, UEd won't create a path between the PathNodes in the Slime Zone. Through some quick testing, I've found that this is because it is a pain zone. Is there some way I can get around it?

Attachments

• CTF-Head2Head212a.zip
    117.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Yoshimiga

Registered pelican
Feb 4, 2008
lebanon oregon
so, the bots never go up to the suit? perhaps you could make a little more complex path, and add some forced paths in the mix, so they have to go up there and back. as for the nodes in the pain zone, it might work if you just add a normal volume and manually change the properties, to make it cause damage, but not register as a pain zone. i would also suggest using flying pathnodes in the slime, but those are only in 2k4, if im not mistaken (i have only mapped 2k4, though most things are very similar.)

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
I'm afraid Forced Paths do not exist in '99, and neither do flying pathnodes. :( Also, I did do experiments before and learned that, regardless of the class of ZoneInfo, bPainZone stops paths.

Last edited:

DOU-=TALON=-

Unreal Tournament Mapper
Jan 22, 2008
Lehigh Acres Fl
I've looked at the map and the jumpspots are off and there are to meny player starts for a 2 vrs 2 map.

4 on each side is ok If you want i can put my own spin on it and say i helped.

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
I've looked at the map and the jumpspots are off and there are to meny player starts for a 2 vrs 2 map.
What do you mean "off"? You mean the bImpactJump is relevant or something?

4 on each side is ok If you want i can put my own spin on it and say i helped.
Ugh. The credits are about as packed as I want it already. Because, you see, I am the editor who "l33tified" it from the original, which was created by one =|M|F|=Elite. So I'm already credited as the one who helped. But if you can think of a way to put yourself in without casting a shadow on Elite or myself, go for it.

I mested around with it if you want to keep it just say i helped.
Thanks! I'll study it. It works, right? You've tested it with bots, yes?

DOU-=TALON=-

Unreal Tournament Mapper
Jan 22, 2008
Lehigh Acres Fl
From what i found out that if the bots are set to amature the bots will not use the jumpspots and the translocators. Im not 100% sure about that but the bots will always use the fastest way back to there base.