Bot support

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

w00p

Windows at its best
i have placed pathnodes, placed lift-exit, lift-starts, weapons, items but the bots just dont go after the flag!!!
if i set the view to "show paths" i can clearly follow sum red and blue lines to the enemy base, but they just dont go for it!!!

i have to "cover me" "all" and go to the enemy flag room, they can follow me exactly on the paths, and then they still dont take the flag!!!

and im sure i didnt take the wrong actor cuz i took
'navigation point' 'flagbase'

wot should i do???
put a shieldbelt on the flag, or a redeemer???:)

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Originally posted by bobtheking
i see no mention of alternatePath up there. you need those
everyone says you need "altpaths". you don't need them, they're there only if you want bots to take more than one route

also, the flag shouldn't really be raised or lowered if... you right clicked the ground and added the flagbase here. this gives the actual pathnode location (of the flagbase) at perfect height above the (flat) ground. (you can raise it or lower it 16 texels and that is usually fine too)

predator, is the only way to each flag by way of lifts. cause if there's no way back to their original base, they won't get the enemy flag even if it is within reach of them.

are the too many pathpoints in the map¿ Are they confusing to you if you try too look at them all¿ They should be as simple as practical. one flagbase should be for team "0"(red) and the other for team "1"(blue). Weapons are a must, they need these and rely on these to ensure a victory (ie. if they don't think they can return with the flag, they won't go for it and look for weapons instead)

any more help after this, and keep posting. also, take lots of botpathing tutorials and read through them all, even if you don't actually practice all the details in them, if you read them, you will usually start understanding how not only each path actor works, but how they work together

w00p

Windows at its best
kewl

k, first of all, i put it on a flat surface, so it should work, but i understand the problem
and that thanx to stoneviper, ur right, the one way to the other base is the upper level of tha map, to get there u need a lift, but ill make a lift goin down 2

also, i put a shieldbelt and sum armor on tha upper level, i dont think they'll go up just for medpack and vials ... and a flag ofcourse :D

also, stoneviper, ur tut on 'understanding BSP' wooooooooooow
i could make an entire new game on its own wonderful game engine ... atleast if i could code that is ...

StoneViper

you can call me Mike
Nov 3, 2001
N43° 03' 16" :::: W77° 36' 03"
Re: kewl

Originally posted by predator_321_go
k, first of all, i put it on a flat surface, so it should work, but i understand the problem
and that thanx to stoneviper, ur right, the one way to the other base is the upper level of tha map, to get there u need a lift, but ill make a lift goin down 2

also, i put a shieldbelt and sum armor on tha upper level, i dont think they'll go up just for medpack and vials ... and a flag ofcourse :D

also, stoneviper, ur tut on 'understanding BSP' wooooooooooow
i could make an entire new game on its own wonderful game engine ... atleast if i could code that is ...
the reason i asked i asked if there was a lift, because they don't always take lifts (not high on there priority list, maybe cause they dont "geographically" get closer to the flag) if you have proper "lift exit" system set up for your lift your fine, they should use this up and down. and if you have more than one route to the flags, is when you use altpaths on each path.

high explosive weapons are also high on there priority list, place these strategically.

also, i'd love to take credit for that BSP tutorial, but... after so much time and searching, and clicking, and searching some more, and following about a hundred links, i made my way to some college's homepage where some guy keeps his "thesis" all about BSP. He wrote a damn "thesis" on this. (If anyone knows how he got snapshots of the different stages during the compiling phase, please let me know what program he used.)

w00p

Windows at its best
hmm

well, well, ur right, but its not UR avatar, its a pic found on ur hard disk if u download a page from UTU ...
but ill do ya a favor ill search another

[off-topic] bsides, mine is bigger :p [/off-topic]

sumthin else, stop postin about those 'alternate paths'
there is one way in and out of every base, so ...
but i think itll change, in a *non-tight-gameplay* edition of the map, cuz e ... if ya do that map with 16 bots (and they navigate the map...), u could b in for some high frag-counts

I don't have an avatar on here. I let that speak for itself. :D :p
:D

I have 3 names here. Viral_Onslaught which I took because "Ebola" was in use by someone who hadn't posted in three years. The Luq opened up "Ebola" for me to use, so I used that. Then that nick got blown up somehow (wasn't banned, the admins can't figure out what went wrong with that name) so now I'm "Unkybola."
That's why I don't post here very much. I never know who I am.
:rolleyes:

w00p

Windows at its best
LOL

this is totally becoming off-topic ...

BTW, ace82, (thx for comment) 2 jears and but 41 posts,

jeesh

im about 2 months and have 26 posts, and if i keep
*off-topic*ing like this, ill beat U in no time

oh, yeah, firefly, would u PLZ say to UTU that they should make tuts for UED 2 also, cuz when i was a nOOb, well, ya dont wanna know wot i thought of that site ... :D :D :D

look at stoneviper!!! 1000+ posts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: