Boosting up my sound

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Guys...
Ive been using the Old Unreal updates to improve my INF, but my sound didn´t improved THAT MUCH promissed by the OpenAL and the other sound drivers offered by old unreal... and lurking in my infiltration.ini, I observed that perhaps the Old Unreal instalattion didn´t changed my sound driver! Plz, take a look at the "piece" of config (from infiltration.ini) below and give me some advices how to tweak my sound (that´s to say: post how this line should be configured or other lines in infiltration.ini that should be altered! I didn´t understood the old unreal manual... XP )

GameRenderDevice=OpenGLDrv.OpenGLRenderDevice
AudioDevice=Galaxy.GalaxyAudioSubsystem
NetworkDevice=IpDrv.TcpNetDriver
DemoRecordingDevice=Engine.DemoRecDriver
Console=INF_Console.INFc_Console
Language=int
GameEngine=Engine.GameEngine
EditorEngine=Editor.EditorEngine
WindowedRenderDevice=SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice
RenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice
DefaultGame=InfiltrationUT.InfilTeamGamePlus
DefaultServerGame=InfiltrationUT.InfilTeamGamePlus
ViewportManager=WinDrv.WindowsClient
Render=Render.Render
Input=Engine.Input
Canvas=Engine.Canvas
RunCount=108

Thanx a lot, ppl! Lets keep Inf alive XD :lol:

Corporal_Lib [BR]

Brazilian Graphic Designer & Gun Nut {=)
Is THAT simple??? Gosh... I feel ashamed... Doesn´t it need to config the piece of config nbelow, or insert one like this specific for Open AL??? (which one is the best? Open Al or the other driver that came along in Old Unreal pack???)

[Audio.GenericAudioSubsystem]
UseFilter=True
UseSurround=True
UseStereo=True
UseCDMusic=True
UseDigitalMusic=False
UseSpatial=True
UseReverb=True
Use3dHardware=True
LowSoundQuality=False
ReverseStereo=True
Latency=40
OutputRate=44100Hz
Channels=24
MusicVolume=160
SoundVolume=200
AmbientFactor=0.7

Thanx for the patience, Crowze! ;-)

smeerkat

Hello, old friend...
Mar 10, 2001
Canada
www.kens.net
I have a question about sound in-game: let's say I'm near a helicopter, which has an ambient helicopter sound. Then there's a firefight nearby, and I hear the echoing shots. This causes the helicopter sound to cut out completely.

Is there something in my config that I can tweak, to fix this bug?

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
Well, I'm not familiar enough with the soundmax chip to really know how many audio channels there are. But I would guess "enough for UT". Problem is that UT sounds engine is probably as bad as it gets. They called it Galaxy for some reason, like the Galaxy cinema near where I live, which is also as bad as it gets.

Nevertheless, there is probably not much you can do to improve this. We even use this engine limitation for some effects. Amusing.

One thing you can do is make sure you have the lastest drivers from your motherboard maker for your specific board. Other then that. Not sure. Maybe Crowze could have an Idea or someone who played more around with the audio engine.

Last edited: