Bone naming issues.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=157503&highlight=bone

This post sort of caught my attention.

Basically, I'm using an old character model made for UT2K3. It works fine in vanilla UT2K4, but some of the bone names were a little different, making it wig out with various weapon mods.

I learned than in UnrealEd, I could load up animation classes and rename bone files THERE. Doing so, I saved, and quit. Changes didn't take. I THEN learned that I had to set that "Accept New Bones" thing to TRUE. Doing that, they changes DID take. Huttah.

Problem? goes back to the post I linked. The changes don't seem to be being recognized anyway. UnrealEd is listing the proper bone names, but the weapons/etc still aren't attaching to them, and the error logs are still barfing about the bones not being there.

I've tried making a new character upl and renaming the model, along with just saving over the old ones. This didn't help. I am suspecting there's an older version somewhere, but I can't find out, so I doubt this, really.