BlackjackSkinWIP

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Thought I'd post a couple pics of what I worked on this weekend. Basically I'm trying not to overexagerate on the shading like I did on my last skin. Right now I'm taking the lighting off the Blackjack skin and trying to change it up a little bit and also I was considering making a version of the skin that was just shaded to look a bit glassy after some effects not exactly what I'm going to end up doing with it though.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Well I got some brushes off of deviant art (think thats where I got them) and ended up making some cool fire effects so I will probably use that on her somehow. Maybe a small globe(s) or something with fire in them for red T/C or something like that.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Starry Might said:
P.S. - Kinda off-topic, but whatever happened to your Queen of the D*mned skin?

Actually thats kind of why I decided to do this one (needed some practice with shading / lighting) I'm going to wait on making the Queen of the D*amned until I have some more time off (Overtime @ work + school quarter getting close to being over & havn't been able to get to the gym much lately = -Time) Also looking at the models face it's going to be more of a challenge than I origionaly thought, I added some shading and all the sudden I realized that the face is very narrow :(

Starry Might

bFemale=True
Continuum said:
Actually thats kind of why I decided to do this one (needed some practice with shading / lighting) I'm going to wait on making the Queen of the D*amned until I have some more time off (Overtime @ work + school quarter getting close to being over & havn't been able to get to the gym much lately = -Time) Also looking at the models face it's going to be more of a challenge than I origionaly thought, I added some shading and all the sudden I realized that the face is very narrow :(
Oh, okay. I was just wondering. :)

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
Effects

Little animated gif of the fire fx I added (looks alot better than gif but you get the idea)
fireanim5cq.gif

I'll probably add this effect to the tubes, and maybe a couple other things but don't want to get carried away.

Last edited:

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
klasnic said:
I'd really like the armour bit at the end of her em boobies. Looks great so far :tup:

hehe Thats the very first thing I did when I started on the armor :)

Finished the armor and have got a good deal of work done on the effects (enough that I'll start on the head probably)

Gold is the only color Ive done so far

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
I forgot to post after looking at the thread, Continuum but for the gold you might want to add another layer and actually saturate the colour you've used. It just looks a little too pale to be the yellow/gold. Or you could use that as default and do what I suggested for the TCs ;)

Whatever you think is best though :tup:

[EDIT] Then again, you've seen her in game so I'll trust your judgement :D

Starry Might

bFemale=True
klasnic said:
I forgot to post after looking at the thread, Continuum but for the gold you might want to add another layer and actually saturate the colour you've used. It just looks a little too pale to be the yellow/gold. Or you could use that as default and do what I suggested for the TCs ;)

Whatever you think is best though :tup:

[EDIT] Then again, you've seen her in game so I'll trust your judgement :D
Dang Klasnic, you're on a roll tonight. :lol:

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
@Klansic:.... wow, I actually just did that :) (added color under spec stuff) it does look better btw..

After looking at it I dont like the legs/arms (uv's are killing me there so it might be close to origional stuff there if I don't come up with anything) I'm hoping to get at least one of the skins for the body done this weekend so I can get started on the head.

ummm.... I think I saw something like this somewhere around here :D
for fun

Turret 49

Doomer at heart
Jun 26, 2004
klasnic said:
It's a nightmare when my fingers go faster than my brain :lol:
Continuum said:
@Klansic:.... wow, I actually just did that :) (added color under spec stuff) it does look better btw..

I don't think you notice what you just did.

Continuum

Lobotomistician
Jul 24, 2005
Boise
A quik shot from upaint of the blue skin, havnt had time to get it into ut editor for effects yet but you can see whats been changed.