*BIG* problem! No "INF" tab in the Mac server browser

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
discussion going on right now in the online forum. appears i am not the only one. posting it here for greater chance of being seen by a team member. please guys, we need this one fixed *fast* :(

as it stands i(and other mac users) have very little chance of joining a server without specifically knowing the IP.

what's that console command again? "open unreal://{IP address}/index.unr"?

t_cereal.jpg

i pity the fool who don't eat my cereal!

T

Tiran Kenja

Mac fixers for 2.85

Ok... I haven't testet this. But having edited the browser before I am pretty sure it is it...

There where several errors in the Mac ini file with the launcher... Ace have already pointed out several fixes to this. But I sum them up here:

1) For servers it is very inconvienient that the line:
ServerPackages=INF_iSoldier
is in the file... So remove it or you can't be a server.

2) It is hardcoded to 3dFX instead of asking... To make it ask change the FirstRun=436 line to
FirstRun=0. Although someone have said it will start complaning about missing WinDrv if you do... Haven't tried. So I don't know.

3) This browser problem... It seems the mac ini have two browser definitions... A 'UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow' and a 'INF_Browser.INFb_BrowserMainClientWindow'. However the one INF itself installs only have one. To match the PC browser. Change the second line of the 'UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow' block
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserUT
to:
ServerListNames[0]=UBrowserINF

And then add the block:
[UBrowserINF]
ListFactories[0]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=InfilTeamGamePlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[1]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=InfilDeathMatchPlus,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[2]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=InfilAssault,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[3]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=InfilCTFGame,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[4]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=InfilDomination,bCompatibleServersOnly=True
ListFactories[5]=UBrowser.UBrowserSubsetFact,SupersetTag=UBrowserAll,GameType=InfilLastManStanding,bCompatibleServersOnly=True

Well.. That's my findings

Brigadier General Tiran Kenja
Commanding Officer Creepers

--------------------[ *C* ]--------------------
mailto:tiran_kenja@creepers.org
http://www.creepers.org

[This message was edited by Tiran Kenja on Mar 12, 2001 at 19:24.]

BA Baracus

I pity the fool!
Oct 17, 2000
texas
www.giantsofscience.org
well i'm not trying to run a server...and i successfully changed my render by modifying the .ini to say GameRenderDevice=Ravedrv.RaveRenderDevice, no windrv errors there.

i'll try the browser stuff when i get home and post results if someone doesn't beat me to it.

t_cereal.jpg

i pity the fool who don't eat my cereal!

T

Tiran Kenja

Just tried it myself... Works like a charm... Don't know why the stuff Ace made don't work... Looks pretty logically. And should split out gametypes... But I'm just lowly fan. I', sure they will get the real browser going soon enough ;)

Brigadier General Tiran Kenja
Commanding Officer Creepers

--------------------[ *C* ]--------------------
mailto:tiran_kenja@creepers.org
http://www.creepers.org

raindog

Amnesiac
Jan 14, 2001
Indeed,

these fixes work perfectly. Thanks man.

<CENTER>
raindog.gif

</CENTER>›

Wooga

Mar 11, 2001
Argh Help Me!

Ok, so what do I do so I can see the servers for Infiltration 2.85? What file do I edit all that stuff in???

ArbSkynxnex

with co-conspirator, Kitty
Mar 11, 2001
Open up the Infiltration.ini in your UT/system folder and scroll through looking for the right lines of code. just put them in where he said and you will be good to go

Acrappa

Oh Come On
Mar 2, 2001
www.rampancy.net
OK, this worked... but is anyone else's tab named something long and weird? Mine is something like INFutdeathmatch(insert more long weird stuff here) and there is only one (I don't know if this is how it's supposed to be). Also, is there a way to ONLY load Infiltration servers? It takes AGES to download them all.

<p align="right">
sig2.gif
</p>&nbsp;&nbsp;

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Yeah. My tab has a really long name (looks like a weird formatting thing).

As far as access goes, maybe it was just a bad coincidence, but the second I double-clicked on a game to join, Infiltration crashed out to my desktop, with no error message of any sort (seems to happen to me alot with 2.85). So I haven't tried again.

As well, it would be nice if there was a status display somewhere on the browser window so we could see what our computer is doing when retrieving the server list. I'm always worried that my system froze up when I go to look for an internet game, as the server list DOES take a long time (1-2 minutes on my xDSL) load anything.

page

Assistant Coordinator,
Contributing Editor &
Graphic Artist
<A HREF="http://www.rlgaming.com" TARGET=_blank>REAL
LIFE GAMING (RLG)</A>

B

bdszl

server browser semi-fix

here's a fix for filtering inf servers.. it still has the long-ass names, but it does work. (i just don't know enough to fix the name thing...)

in the infiltration.ini in you system folder, look for [UBrowser.UBrowserMainClientWindow]:

replace the entries with the following:
LANTabName=UBrowserLAN
ServerListNames[0]=INF_BrowserINF
ServerListNames[1]=INF_BrowserLAN
ServerListNames[2]=INF_BrowserPopulated
ServerListNames[3]=INF_BrowserDeathmatch
ServerListNames[4]=INF_BrowserTeamGames
ServerListNames[5]=INF_BrowserCTF
ServerListNames[6]=INF_BrowserDOM
ServerListNames[7]=INF_BrowserAS
ServerListNames[8]=INF_BrowserLMS
ServerListNames[9]=INF_BrowserAll

Åce

Acrappa

Oh Come On
Mar 2, 2001
www.rampancy.net
OK, now I've got all the Infiltration tabs up there and the normal UT ones are gone. But no servers are showing up at all, in any tab.

<p align="right">
sig2.gif
</p>&nbsp;&nbsp;

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Try letting thinsg go for a minute or two. For me the server list takes about a minute to load anything, but then comes quite quickly. Since the INF Browser doesn't display any sort of progress, it seems as if nothing is happening.

This works for me, though it should be fixed, with a status display of some sort.

page

Assistant Coordinator,
Contributing Editor &
Graphic Artist
LIFE GAMING (RLG)</A>

Toc

IA Member
Jun 17, 2000
tocspub.com
ok......

i tried all that stuff, now i get this:

Log: LoadMap: Entry
Warning: Failed to load 'Logo': Can't find file for package 'Logo'
Warning: Failed to load 'Entry': Can't find file for package 'Logo'
Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'Logo'
Critical: appError called:
Critical: Failed to enter Entry: Can't find file for package 'Logo'

they took so long getting 2.85 out i thought it was going to be smooth, guess not.

not that im complaining, i have headaches with UT period. Quake is so much easier to tweak. IMHO

gunl.gif
gunr.gif

tocde2.gif

http://tocspub.com

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
*bump*

Could someone PLEASE post a working .ini file that has the server browser for Mac already configured!! (looks at Ace)

I dont want to mess with editing it cuz i dont wanna end up messing something up like the dude above.

dank2.gif

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I'll post my INI here. Just know that it is setup for my PowerMac G4 with 640 MB RAM and a Radeon 32 MB DDR graphics cards, so the render mode is set to RAVE, and all the graphics settings are cranked up quite high.

page

Assistant Coordinator,
Contributing Editor &
Graphic Artist
LIFE GAMING (RLG)</A>

Dank

Mac Guru
Sep 18, 2000
Genesis 1:12
Thanks again Darkness

But I just tried it and for some reason it says RAVE but is in software rendering mode !

very strange !

other then that I could check the servers and everything was normal !

also when i tried to change the video rendering it gave me the WinDrv error when i restart UT !!!

Knightly

Jan 25, 2001
browser problem fixed!

members.home.net/knightscape/Inf

I have posted two files and instructions there for installing...

Don't for get to back up your old ones!

Dragonfly

Apr 21, 2000
jove.prohosting.com
Post 3dfx ini file plz

Could someone please post the mac 3dfx ini file with working servers.
I dont have MS word and I cant edit my ini file, its too large for SimpleText...
Dragonfly

D