Being able to adjust fov 90-120

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lundapag

Apr 20, 2001
Lund, sweden
Visit site
I posted another question in the troubleshooting section were I wanted to know why I can't adjust fov and I got the reply that it basically was to prevent players from being able to zoom by setting fov to a low value.
But I got several inputs from people who like me like to use a larger fov than 90 in the 110 to 120 degree range.

So I propose that it should be possible to set the fov from 90-120 in the game.
Is there any support for this and most of all is it possible?

/M

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
well actually i can see the use of using 120 as standard FOV and tying a slight zoom up till 90 degrees FOV to the contrioll breat option. Alowing you to "focus" with open sights weapons.

LordKhaine

I sing the body electric...
Dec 6, 1999
UK
Visit site
I think this calls for a clientside option :)

Personally I'd prefer to stick to good 'ol 90, but I cant see a higher value being unfair in anyway.

DarkBls

Inf Ex-admin
Mar 5, 2000
France
<p align="center">
attachment.php
</p>

lundapag

Apr 20, 2001
Lund, sweden
Visit site
The reason for wanting this is that since I appreciate that inf is driven by realism, it just irks me that I feel like I am running around with my eyeballs glued in their sockets only being able to look straight ahead and my only option to look in another direction is to turn my head and body in that direction.
I think a normal fov (90) is enough at long range but at medium to short range especially when there are a lot of buildings (sicily for instance) ;-) it is really easy for someone to sneak up on me.
A greater fov only partially solves the problem though,
When you run past an opening of some sort (door, street) normally you would really quick just look in that direction, while still running straight ahead, to see if there are any enemies there. Kind of the same thing you do when you drive through an intersection.
So another thing that may be useful is to have a control like the one in a flightsimulator where you can look to the left and right, simulating turning you head real quick.

What do you think?

Really great game otherwise!

Take care
/Mike_G