BDBMapvote 302/303 - Elimination mode not working.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
This thread was lost to the forum goblin and as I still put my hopes in BDB to fix it, I take the chance and revive the thread.

Basically what happens in BDBMapvote 302/303 is that in elimination mode the maps get eliminated one by one but the "reset value" is ignored and thus all maps get eliminated and that's it.

As this feature is working well with BDBMapvote 3, the problem may be caused by the changes done, to still show the "last played maps" (in red) for admins to vote for them. Just a guess ...

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
Hi, it's me again - your's impertinent Sexmachine :) ... I wouldn't be that way if only the players on my server would vote for all the maps and not just for the same 30 maps over and over again ... geez how I miss a working elimination mode - so: *bump*

/me waves at BDB :wavey:

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
Sexmachine: Give me a 'B' ! - Crowd: B
Sexmachine: Give me a 'D' ! - Crowd: D
Sexmachine: Give me a 'B' ! - Crowd: B

Sexmachine: That is ? - Crowd: BDB !

Sexmachine: ... allright, now give me a working 'elimination mode'
worship.gif

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
Thanx for the files BDB ... I'm about to do some intense 48 hour testing and get back on you with the results. :D

EDIT: I have had a first look and by now I can say: YES, elimination mode is working ... but I really like to see it work for a few days before I make a final judgement ;)

BDB, do you expect the changes to have any impact on the other modes too or is it sufficient to test elimination mode only (and assume the other modes are still working like they should) ?

Last edited:

Sexmachine

- retired -
Feb 5, 2002
Germany
www.planetjailbreak.com
While testing continues (elimination mode only) there is one thing I have realized that is a bit 'scary' to me (but it might be ok, as I don't know how BDB implemented the elimination mode - so maybe it's 'by design').

Here we go:

My server has a total of 74 maps installed and for testing purposes I have configured MapVote (elimination mode of course) to refresh the list when 69 maps remain. The "Don't show last X maps played" value gets increased from 1 to 6 (?) and the interesting thing to look at is the state right after the "refresh" happened (see attached pic). At that time all maps become available again (that's how it should be) but the value for "Don't show last X maps played" is 6 (so it seems to be ignored just at that point) ... at the next mapchange this value changes to 1 (again, that's how it should be) and everything starts from the beginning.

It's important to realize that all this leads to a working 'elimination mode' but isn't it more straight if the "Don't show last X maps played" value switches to 0 (instead of 6 in this case) right after the 'refresh' has happened ?

I know this sounds a bit nitpicky (if it's intended to be that way and has no potential to cause problems it's fine for me as I am not looking after cosmetic changes) but I just felt like pointing this out (else I would be a pretty useless tester).

Great job BDB ... now back to some more testing :)

Attachments

• MapVote304.jpg
    MapVote304.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 33

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Sexmachine said:
BDB, do you expect the changes to have any impact on the other modes too or is it sufficient to test elimination mode only (and assume the other modes are still working like they should) ?

No, The change will not have any impact on any other modes.

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Pziko Snake said:
BDB, can I post ur new mapvote somewhere? or, can I post it onto my website?

I'm going to test mapvote for 3 hours... to see if it works again ;)
No, I need to package it up with all the other stuff that came with
3.02 and update the readme file.

BDB

May 9, 2000
NC, USA
www.planetunreal.com
Sexmachine said:
My server has a total of 74 maps installed and for testing purposes I have configured MapVote (elimination mode of course) to refresh the list when 69 maps remain. The "Don't show last X maps played" value gets increased from 1 to 6 (?) and the interesting thing to look at is the state right after the "refresh" happened (see attached pic). At that time all maps become available again (that's how it should be) but the value for "Don't show last X maps played" is 6 (so it seems to be ignored just at that point) ... at the next mapchange this value changes to 1 (again, that's how it should be) and everything starts from the beginning.
This is normal,
It works by increasing the RepeatLimit (ie. "Don't show last X maps played")
until there are MinMapCount enabled maps left. Then it sets RepeatLimit
to 0 and reloads the map list.

It's important to realize that all this leads to a working 'elimination mode' but isn't it more straight if the "Don't show last X maps played" value switches to 0 (instead of 6 in this case) right after the 'refresh' has happened ?
Actually, It does change the running instance of MapVotes RepeatLimit
to 0. The admin window is pulling the 6 from the default values (ini file).
I could add a line to have it change the default value also.