Bandwidth-Saving Option

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
Viewing wonderful BuF as-is canes the connection here something fierce, and with all of the facebook people (who aren't even using it right, they're just playing games!) taking the piss here at the library I need to squeeze as much efficiency as I can out of "the pipes".

So, do I have to view this site in flash or whatever it is. I know it's not HTML.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
No flash here. Configure your browser to not load images to make things faster and consider using NoScript (for Firefox, look up equivalent plug-ins if you are using an inferior browser ;)) to block all kinds of JavaScript and YouTube videos. Also, AdBlock will get rid of the (not really bandwidth-consuming) ad banner at the top.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
If you're using a public PC you may not be able to configure your browser as Wormbo suggested. There are forum options, however, in your CP>Edit Options that allow you to turn off Avatars, Signatures and Images. That may help.

Adelheid

Bernstein
Jan 23, 2008
Nowhere.
No flash here. Configure your browser to not load images to make things faster and consider using NoScript (for Firefox, look up equivalent plug-ins if you are using an inferior browser ;)) to block all kinds of JavaScript and YouTube videos. Also, AdBlock will get rid of the (not really bandwidth-consuming) ad banner at the top.

If you're using a public PC you may not be able to configure your browser as Wormbo suggested. There are forum options, however, in your CP>Edit Options that allow you to turn off Avatars, Signatures and Images. That may help.

Thankyou non-cranks.