Ballistic weapons blood decals..

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
I was wondering if there was a way to make the new Ballistic weapons blood decals, such as the blood splats and blood drag effects to stay forever, I have all my setting at their highest and I'm currently using giblife.. Giblife seems to only make the default blood decals stay forever, even with the 'make all decals stay' setting, none of the new ones, but if you make the bodies stay then the blood pools/cloud (in water) will remain as they are attached to the ragdoll.

So how could I manage to get the blood splats and drag marks to stay forever?

Thanks in advance.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
Yes. Just open User.ini and find the string "DecalStayScale" and set this to something like 999.

BE WARNED: This WILL slow down your computer and framerate, heavily! I'd recommend a value of about 30, to be honest - they stick around for several minutes, and while they do eventually go away, it's probably a "sweet spot" between the decals being permanent and performance.

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
Dark Pulse said:
Yes. Just open User.ini and find the string "DecalStayScale" and set this to something like 999.

BE WARNED: This WILL slow down your computer and framerate, heavily! I'd recommend a value of about 30, to be honest - they stick around for several minutes, and while they do eventually go away, it's probably a "sweet spot" between the decals being permanent and performance.
Are you sure it's not the Ut2004.ini? There is one in my Ut2004.ini but not the User.ini..

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
Hmm well the custom blood decals still don't stay, although all of the defaults remain now without giblife, I've tried a few experiments to get them to stay just for the sake of it.. And it's a good thing I backed up the original Ballistic Weapons files multiple times X_X

Perphaps this is something I should ask on the offical Ballistic Weapons forums, is it Runescape or something?

Ikkuh

Phear the nades
Apr 19, 2005
Just another Dutchie
I had a go with the decalstay :lol:

It seems that Bloody Hell doesn't use the decalstay option but the value it has in the mutator itself :(

I've set my decalstay to 99999999 (yes 8x a 9 :eek: :D ) and started an insta botmatch with 16 bots when I went to school. 3 hours later it looked like this :lol:
Shot00039.jpg
Shot00041.jpg
Shot00044.jpg

I also did 5 minutes OMFG gun:
Shot00037.jpg

Decalstay can be really funny :lol: :D
Now if this would work with Bloody Hell :eek:

-{SC}- Renamon

BigHead Bot Master
Jul 27, 2004
Ikkuh said:
I had a go with the decalstay :lol:

It seems that Bloody Hell doesn't use the decalstay option but the value it has in the mutator itself :(

I've set my decalstay to 99999999 (yes 8x a 9 :eek: :D ) and started an insta botmatch with 16 bots when I went to school. 3 hours later it looked like this :lol:
View attachment 93404
View attachment 93405
View attachment 93406

I also did 5 minutes OMFG gun:
View attachment 93407

Decalstay can be really funny :lol: :D
Now if this would work with Bloody Hell :eek:

LOL that's awesome, imagine if Bloody Hell worked with decalstay.

And I've tried to mess with the values in the mutator itself but it crashed no matter what I did, but it does however, have a couple decalstay strings.. One is using hex decimals (however you say it) though so I don't think that's it :hmm:

KylinRage

Mar 12, 2006
Woah how do you even get in to the mutator file? I can't seem to even get in and i tried using that exportcache thing to open it up.