1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Backpacks

Discussion in 'Suggestions / Ideas' started by Dest, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Dest

Dest DA Team

We want to give the medic and mech a backpack. So players can indentify which class is mech or medic.

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.home.versatel.nl/waverstr13/backpack_example2.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Please give your opinion!

2. Klasnic_E

Klasnic_E Inevitable

I will be skinning it ;) i'll try now :) :tup:

3. Klasnic_E

Klasnic_E Inevitable

Ok, its color coded, but i need to know whtas what. so a picture of the model in the modeling program with the color coded texture would be nice :)

4. spec_x

spec_x DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer

does this match the color codes?

Attached Files:

5. Dest

Dest DA Team

Something like this?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 4, 2006
  6. Kharnellius

Kharnellius .

Good idea though make sure to put a big red cross on the medics backpack (kinda like what you already showed but maybe even bigger on the back) and something like a giant gold wrench on the mechanic or something. Also if you could put it on their chest or front of their helmets that would help.

Or you could always go with the HUD icon I suggested a while back that hovers over their heads. This is a neat compromise though as it won't clutter up the interface as much.

Let's face it. The mod is action based and not really meant to be stealthy so the camoflouge is mostly for looks anyways....so why not make it easy to identify who is who?

Just my .02 bucks.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2006
  7. satchef1

satchef1 New Member

putting a great big medic/mech sign on the front of the player would be a bad idea surely? it would basically be a "shoot me please before i build/heal people" sign. like the idea of it being on their backs though

btw, hi and nice mod :)