Back ... almost.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
Hey guys,

I haven't been around for a while and it is for the craziest reasons. Remember how I said that we were going to be moving, well it has finally happened. Sort of.

To start off, I had placed an order with Verizon for a new phone line. Since I found a number I liked, I activated the line right away, so I wouldn't lose the number. The problem is, when I placed that order, I thought I was moving a week earlier and I forgot to tell call them back up and tell them. So, one week before we actually moved, no more phone line and, thus, no more DSL. DOH! I tried getting it back, but they gave me some bull story about not being allowed to have two phone lines in two different locations with DSL on one of them on the same billing account. Well, we have managed, but now we have no minutes left on our cell bill until next Friday's reset. ARGH!

Now for the bigger problem. You might ask, "Why are you using your cell so much if you moved on Sunday?" Well, that goes like this: Due to some crazy mix ups with the carpet people, we had to move most of our furniture into our garage, and then had to sleep on the floor in our old house. I finally got my wife's computer up and running at the house yesterday, but as we still aren't living in it, it hasn't done me much good. Today I am here making sure the carpet guys finish the damn job they started on Friday!

Now why didn't we stay at the new house anyway? Well, there was carpet strips, nails, tackboard mess upon mess and more just lying around the house. While that doesn't really bother me all that much, I still have a dog, who I would prefer didn't get a nail or a razor or such through a paw, or end up eating carpet padding.

So that's where things are currently at. This has been the house purchase from HELL (do I ever have stories), but hopefully, in the end it will be all worth it.

TAZTG

Your face, Your ass-Whats the Difference
Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
LOL, I have my own Hell Story in regards to my Condo. We are getting a new Kitchen (Cabinets, Countertops, Floor), plus we are getting new carpet. We started in early April hoping to get it done at the end of May since we have vacation that week. Looks like we have to change our vacation to sometime in June. The Laminate Floors are ready to go but we have to wait for the Cabinets to be installed first. Then they can do the Laminate Floors. Then we have to get the Countertop folks to come out and measure a template for the Corian. Then 2 weeks later they will install that. New Cabinets with our old crusty temp installed countertops YUK!! We still haven't been contacted by the Carpet folks. We packed up alot of stuff and moved them to my Inlaws. We have alot of junk to clear out. Looks like Hallway or outside for big items like furniture. Have to take that huge bed apart and maybe my L-Shaped Desk. I will park the TV in the Kitchen if it fits LOL... Anyway good to see ya posting ICEY..

Bonecrusher

Make choices, don't look back...
Oct 14, 2001
Spring City, PA
bua.beyondunreal.com
UT... meh.

I miss it, but I don't. I miss playing with you guys, but I don't miss all the BS that comes from other people. When exactly is the game coming out? I'm hoping I'll already be at BTI and be aware of what kind of free time I have. If the answer is zero I'm just not gonna get it.

HI GUYSSSSS.
Dev hows the stang?

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Yes, there are some nice Screens post in the UT2K7 Section. Can't wait for it myself. Some real fun FPS and best of all a chance to whip Dev's butt. Bring It Stang Boy!!! LOL

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Ohio...that suck ass STATE.
Buying a house brings the suxor. Of course I had a month to move into the one I have now. Converted it to a breaker system and got the once over on all the utilities. Made sure this house could handle what I wanted to install. I installed a brand new dishwasher, disposal, and quite a few ceiling fans. I'm going to install more before I get more insulation in the attic. Laying it out myself with the help of my father in law. I'm gonna be sweating. Steel, might be coming to Home Depot for a price on insulation. Make me a deal.

I want to be back on the UT thing again. I've been having a little fun with MEAT on the Overlords server for UT2k4. DP is there too...but he still own everyone as you can tell. It's as little fast and the quad jump still sucks but it's the only thing that's close to instagib that I'm use too. As soon as it's out....my ass it buying it and installing UT2k7. See you all then. Steel...sorry for scaring you while you were driving.

«BuA»Lurker_71

Thë Möñkëÿ Kïñg
Dec 15, 2002
Wha?
Bonecrusher said:
UT... meh.
I miss it, but I don't.

I miss mapping... every now and again I consider reinstalling 2k4 just to mess around with UEd...

...then I start playing Guild Wars. :eek:

Shattered_Steel said:
Here's looking forward to the reunion, people.

I won't be part of that reunion.

Just so we're all on the same page, and you guys don't think I'm ditching out on UT in general;
I told Dev a couple of weeks back that my longtime gf (8 yrs this march) & I have decided to call it quits... well, it's taken a couple more weeks but it's finally taking place tomorrow.
Not having a vehicle puts me in a difficult situation, but then again; I don't have to pay for gas or insurance.
Well, I do have to pay others for gas, seeing as they'll be getting me to and from work.
On top of that, I'll be paying 600+ for a two bedroom I no longer need, and dropping to a one bedroom will only save me about $80 a month, of which $60 per month will have to go to pet fees (not including the possibility of having to pay another pet deposit).
I make enough to cover this, (and I'll be keeping the apt. til the first of June in case I come across someone who wants to be a roomie...) but it's going to make things tight.
However, if I do find a roomie, I'll have $300 per month open to take care of getting a car (which obviously has to come before UT) and a few other things.
Anyways, before I get long-winded; just thought you should know.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Bonecrusher said:
wow, this thread is the most diverse we've had in a while... LOL

Yes, its good to see all the folks posting here.

Morty what TS (include IP & PW) do you all get together on.. Would love to drop in now and then for some Fragging. Its true I miss the Fragging?? Sometimes when I Play the n00bs piss me off.. I still do pretty good..

Alright now lets find Lurker a Roomie.. Sorry to hear about your GF Lurk.. Hope it was a easy breakup for both of you..

Iceburgs

The Iceman Cometh....
Jul 22, 2002
Baltimore County, MD
Sorry, Lurk. I am now in my longest relationship, and I have the ball and chain to keep me there. However, 8 years can really make things difficult in a breakup. Gabby and I are just barely half of that, so I can hardly imagine what your split up would be like. Take care, bro!

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Sorry to hear that Lurk. I hope you are able to go on with your life and get back on your feet. What city do you live in? I might be able to convince my loser brother to be your roomie. He does pay his rent but he might not be around all the time. He is a traveling carpenter with a master's degree in economics. I will not say anymore.

Taz, go to www.overlordsclan.com and you will find the info that you need. IPs for their servers and especially for their TS. They might actually convince you to join their clan since you are so good. You might be able to know DP off of this Royal Crown. I usually don't use their TS simply because of SONAR at that time of night. She can hear me. Just has to get her beauty sleep.:eek2:

I'm usually on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. I have to work out those days and I need something to wind me down so that helps a bunch playing with the oober noobers. Yes...I said it.

TAZTG

Sep 12, 2001
Brunswick, MD
Cool, I just registered. Not sure I could join another CLAN.. I could lease out my services if needed.. Anyway thanks for the INFO Morty..

Morty

The getting killed man!!
Feb 22, 2005
Boney...I know...and he is leet! He kicked my arse plenty of times. I know for a fact that he will be leet again with...ohhhh...I say 1 minute of playing time.