azzures's second movie

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Fumanchu

Passion Fruit
Apr 14, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
This movie is awesome... best I've seen yet. Great editing with some freaking crazy frags, and LOTS of rocket prediction, which seem to be an azz trademark :D

Thrawn70

Hang-around
Jun 11, 2002
Unknown Regions
Visit site
Yeah, I liked this one pretty well too. The DiM movie had better music, but whatever :D I thought some parts of it were pretty funny, like how its the same poor fool who's getting head-shotted like five times in a row.

gmB

May 11, 2003
Visit site
Sure it is. There has been a lot of rumour and (partly offensive ) discussion in the german scene about the movie. Especially since the most well-known news site inunreal.de posted a extremely biased newspost (which was deleted after several protests).
Of course he has taken several ideas from theBadge2.0 and copied them. But you have to be blind to not see the vast amount of new innovative ideas.
Those who are insulting Azzurres that he has stolen intellectual property of Strandtyp ( creator of theBadge movies ) without referring to him in the credits or readme and that it is a scandal should simply STFU IMO. I guess this people are to dumb to understand the content of the readme, so referring to the Badge in it would be useless anyway.

I quote from the readme:

" 'cause i'm not a professional movie maker "

" I made this movie to entertain you and that you have lots of fun watching it; I didnt make it to show how skilled I am in
making movies or in playing the game. " ( or what could be added: ... to show what a creative mind i am )

Azzu doesn't sell his movie. He makes zero money of it. He gains nothing of it. He just has a ****load of work. And instead of appreciating that somebody sits down for months to give something to the community some guys think they can make a big scandal of it.

gramps

Mar 27, 2000
www.crookram.net
while i do agree the blatant Badge rip-offs are kinda lame, the shots this guy makes are pretty amazing. i wish i had shock skills like that. if you've got broadband it's worth downloading this one imho.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
< rant >So I go to play it and it crashes WinMedia9 and then I try to just open the folder I've downloaded it to and it crashes Windows Explorer. :rolleyes:

So, I go to xvid.org and all they have is the source code, which doesn't help me at all since I can't compile it.

So where the **** do you get the codec, and why do people use all of these weird codecs anyway? < /end rant>

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
google ffdshow-alpha.exe and get it, hal.

Hanover - if the video uses AC3 and you've got win98 then there's goona be an issue :)

If that's the case then i can help, otherwise... soz.

Last edited:

gmB

May 11, 2003
Visit site
For the azzurres movie you just need the DivX 5.05 Codec. Not XVid.
For theBadge it's the same.

Btw. you won't get the xvid code on the xvid.org site. it's a pure development site.
you can get it on doom9.org for example.