AVP (3?) PC game

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dont be a nubcake

Feb 29, 2008
I heard SP was decent and MP was crapola. What's the verdict? Don't need a link to another wishy-washy review. I need a real persons perspective. (enter spambot)

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
It was a cool concept, but came out meh... multiplayer demo was fun for a bit. Just move on, nothing to see here.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
MP is crap if you expect it to be a regular shooter. It's awesome if you expect it to be atmospheric and non-competitive. What people are divided the most on is the one-hit-kill coup de graces which leaves the attacker vulnerable for a few seconds. Even if you're dumb enough to use it and get yourself killed, most people consider it cheap because it 'takes no skill'.

Singleplayer is hit and miss as well. Some thought the alien campaign was the best of the lot, others thought it was the worst. I think that's just another example of people being tuned into an FPS mentality and if it's not "like cod4 but better", it's crap.

It's okay for a budget game. There's a reason the PC version was $20 at release. I think it's $60 console price tag is half the reason people expected so much more of it.

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
Don't bother buying it. The singleplayer is short and unsatisfying, and the AI is very stupid. The multiplayer is unbalanced, and the community is pretty much dead at this point (for the PC, anyway).

The combat (and the rest of the game) is buggy and irritating, and all of the melee combat is auto aimed, without any option to turn it off. There are only a few weapons for the marines and predators. I wouldn't consider the stealth kills to be bad if they weren't so buggy. Speaking of bugs: Rebellion takes a long time to fix a few problems.

It also needs Steam, in case you don't like it.

It's okay for a budget game. There's a reason the PC version was $20 at release.

Where did you buy your copy? It cost me $49.95 at Amazon; I would probably feel ripped off even if it cost $20.

Last edited:

Dont be a nubcake

Feb 29, 2008
It's okay for a budget game. There's a reason the PC version was $20 at release. I think it's $60 console price tag is half the reason people expected so much more of it.
Darn it, I missed that sale...:)

Thanx guys, no worries, I'll stay away...lol:lol:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
It has been $20 since release. I preordered mine for £17.

Some places (all digital retailers afaik) sell it at full price just to target those who will impulse buy it.