UE2 - UT2kX AVI import

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Toy_world

May 15, 2008
Im working on a group project with unreal 2K4, and we have a small animation fly through in the form of an AVI file but i cant figure out how to import it into the game, if anyone has any suggestions or help in this matter i would appricate it, or even if anyone knows weather it is possible at all.

Thanks.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It isn't. I don't recall if you can make a bunch of texture follow one after another like a movie, but I know that you can do this with 2 pictures. There are no support for AVI, nor video files I am afraid.

I suppose you can however, with some coding and scripting, go search for a video file and play it full screen on the HUD. This is what you'll be aiming for I guess.

Last edited:

AsToRoTh

Jan 20, 2008
You could do it with animated textures but depending on the size of the screen,length of the clip and also quality (framerate) you wanted the map file could end up huge. Animated Textures work basically the same way as stickman flip books and gif(s) work... one image displayed after another.

I cant remember the exact process and UnrealWiki is giving database errors on the Animated Texture page... I do know however that you would have to save the files and use a naming convention to keep them in the right order.. eg mytexture_AO1.png mytexture_AO2.png etc etc. The editor will sort them in the correct order for you.