Attention all mappers, help wanted!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DrWinky

i didnt do evil school to be called Mr
Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
DAMN IT

DANGER WILL ROBINSON DANGER

Well guess what. I have a 56.6 modem, just DLed an updae package of 18 Mb, taking nigh on 2 hours, and......
Didnt do ****

Im getting annoyed with this hunk o ****. Anybody have any other suggestions, such as a place to DL the editor? This is really startin to work my tits, so im gonna give up soon.

It,s a shame tho, as i would really like to make a mod, being a generally creative person i feel i have a bit to offer, and i really wanna blow my brother to hell on a map of a few places we both know and love. But anyways, if no help comes forth in the next few days, im gonna just use Half-life, even tho it will be severely limited (partially due to the lack of help on other forums i have recieved in the past, and hence why i tried to use UT)

this may very well be my last post, so see ya later people, maybe fer a fight or two , just in case theres space for a walking rocket attractor on the servers.

Peace

ChrisToth.hu

Level Designer
Oct 2, 2000
Atlantis
-That's strange DrWinky...maybe your Editor has a different problem too.

The empty Actor Browser problem IS caused by the bad version of the Common Controls DLL...so if you've DLed IE 5 the probie should have been solved. (Everybody who had this problem and downloaded IE5 came back with positive results. :D)

So, is the Actor Browser problem solved but you have other problems, or did it do nothing?

-The Ultimate Novice: Thanks. ;)

DrWinky

Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
playerstart problems

hi again,

The problem im havning is silly, and probabl has a really easy answer, but im not seeing it.

I select player start from the actor browser, right click in the 3D view, select player start and nothing happens. Nothing appears. I can place lights, but i dont think textures work either.

It may be that i havent set up the editor correctly,(or at all for that matter) or it might e that im a m0 abd should be euthanised as quickly as possible, for the sake of future generations.

This really is starting to pake the pizza, so im gonna give up on sunday night, T -24 hours.

Cheers for any help offered, and any future offerings.

The ultimate novice

It's MY island!
Feb 14, 2001
Gator Country
Visit site
Make sure you're not trying to place it too close to the wall, as this is the most common cause for this problem. What sort of texture are you clicking on to place the actor? If it is masked, transparent, or invisible, you may be placing your PlayerStart on a distant wall. I think there's a log you can access somewhere that will tell you what's going on. You'll probably have a message in there that says "PlayerStart does not fit there." or something. If so, try placing it somewhere else and then drag it to where you want it.

DrWinky

Jun 20, 2001
UK
Visit site
ummmm..... <ahem>.... er

hi,

Is there an award for prize dick of the universe? can i have it?

After a nice email from somebody i looked at my procedure again. I put a cube, added it, and tried to add a player start.

However, this is a silly thing to do, as UnrealEd is the opposite, and you subtract. Being used to using world craft i forgot this basic step and persisted in trying to insert a square peg into a filled hole.

OOPS.

I apologise to all who have suffered strained brains as a result, and bend over for the inevitable impact hammer that will no doubt be causeing some rectal damage.

To make it up, i think i could set up a 10 vs 1 game on a server for all participants in this thread to blow my head clean off.

I would like this thread to end about here, but i know it will go on and on with random insults. But, please, feel free. I know i really deserve it.

DrWinky