Atari forums screwed up?$#@%#@%???

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Anyone know who I contact over there to report a problem with logging in? I tried the webmaster with no e-mail response over the last 3 days. All I did was change my e-mail address from planetunreal to beyondunreal and I can't login on any computer that is setup to automatically log me in nor can I access my UserCP page. I tried clearing cookies and no luck either. :eek:

JB is right, SM. Most of these things will often send a confirming email with a link back to the forums to ascertain if the email address is legitimate. Seeing as how we don't have our beyondunreal emails just yet, I'd say you've jumped the gun a little and may have stuffed yourself up. Of course, I could be wrong...

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
I did the same at another UT forum and a message came up saying something was being sent, but I was still able to login and everything. Whatever, if that's the way they do things over at Atari forums, then I don't want to ever go back there anyway. :mad:

Johnny Bravo

May 3, 2004
Seattle
www.johnnybravo.org
Skaarj you shouldn't want to go back there based on the simple premise that it's an absolute mess. Next to the Battle.net and GameFaqs forums Atari has the worst community on the net.

Fun Fact: Because of who employs me I'm barred from posting on the Atari forums under punishment of death....but I still do anyways using a lurker account.

Sinala

May 7, 2004
I sent an email to the webmaster about a prob myself, still waiting a reply, 3months later :) The site has big problems in that area. I have known of a few people having to set up a completely new account, after updating thier old account with a new email, made the old account defunct. Best of luck

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, I won't make a new account under any other name unless it's to do a new post f*ck you banning thing and then tell them to ban SkaarjMaster as well, hehe. I'll make sure to register with my new e-mail (when it's working) so they know it's me and I'm pissed!!!

It's not that I want to go back desperately, just the idea that I now can't. I'm still going to wait and see what happens once the new e-mail is working, maybe it will sort itself out.

Sinala

May 7, 2004
The unfortunate thing is, you didn't have to change your email, it would have made no difference, unless of course you wanted people to be able to email you etc. I have accounts there that still work, long after the email address has died, I think once you are registered, and your email verified, it doesn't matter.

Oh, I see, if it is that your new email is not yet operating, all it may be is that your confirmation thingy couldn't reach you, and maybe wont now. But I seem to recall there "was" a button/link you could click that would send it again. Which if you can find it, once your new email is up, may do the trick.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Well, I decided to do the mature thing and just e-mailed the webmaster about the problem and tell them to delete my accounts. Here's my e-mail:

"I am really disgusted with the support on the Atari forums! I tried to change my e-mail on my account and it got so screwed up that I couldn't login. I even tried getting a new password and re-registering (creating new account) and all kinds of stuff and nothing worked. I deleted my skaarjmaster@planetunreal.com e-mail account because I am moving to beyondunreal (actually have moved already), so I tried to change my e-mail in my Atari forums account and it didn't work.

My account names are SkaarjMaster (created a long time ago) and MasterSkaarj (created tonight).

This seems to be the only e-mail to contact anyone over at the Atari forums. I'm sure you are overwhelmed with e-mail everyday, but you should change your system to warn people about changing their e-mail address and the consequences of doing so. I'm never going to the Atari forums again and have deleted all links at work and home to these forums. Do not even respond to this e-mail because I will just delete the response. But for the sake of the present Atari forums members, please change the e-mail address changing system. I changed my e-mail at a number of other sites with no problems. Bye.

SkaarjMaster"