assign those buttons, Players

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
E

el Gato|PuF

Here goes:

Basically my UT set-up with necessary tweaks:

Y: Forward
H: Back
G: Strafe left
J: Strafe right
Space: Jump
Alt: Run
M: Quick Action
K: Reload
L: Activate attachment
C: Crouch
T: Lean left
U: Lean right
Z: Toss weapon
X: Toss ammo
Mouse 1: Fire
Mouse 2: Toggle aim
Mouse wheel up: Change weapon
Mouse wheel down: Toggle fire mode
Mouse Wheel Button: er... ? Maybe vacant... need to fill it.
N: grab/use
R: Toggle Radar
F: Toggle Flashlight
Q: Say
W: Teamsay
V: Voice Menu

Thx, el Gato|PuF

Wikkan

Dickhead Fulfilled!
Feb 15, 2001
I am forced to use WASD because I spilled coke on my keyboard... I slammed off the power real quick and spent the evening unscrewing... rescrewing... testing... unscrewing... cleaning... rescrewing... testing... and the E key still sticks when I play games. :(

I poured spot remover on my dog once.... He's gone now.

Wistful

Mar 18, 2001
Mouse 2!

Am I the only person who plays Inf that uses mouse 2 to move forward? I use WASD format (without the W) for movement. It makes it real easy to move around, because it frees up a finger on your left hand (because moving forward is probably the most used button) I've used this config my entire life and its worked well for me. (it was pretty hard to get used to at first, but all my friends agree that it works really well and switched to my technique!)

Zundfolge

Dec 13, 1999
USA
Way back in the old days I used to play FPS games with the keyboard only, I used the keypad for movement (8,5 forward/back, 4,6 turn left/right, 7,9 straife left/right. D was fire and A was open) So when I first started using a mouse I was using a Logitec Mouseman Marble (3 buttons with a trackball in the thumb position) back then I used the middle mouse for forward and the left and right mouse buttons for straife, but had to make a small change, I made S my backward.

I decided when I started playing a lot of LAN games that I needed to learn to use a regular mouse, and it was akward for me you straife with mouse buttons on a mouse that moved so I picked up the WASD setup.

Only other setup I'd consider is a PantherXL, but again you run into the whole LAN game problem (don't want to carry around a joystick and driver disk)

<center>
ZundSig4.gif
</center>