AS and VCTF back on FragBU?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you want AS and VCTF back on the server?

• Total voters

Nereid

・ ω ・
Apr 15, 2003
Vancouver
I heard that we just might be getting AS and VCTF back on Vipers. Could be interesting...

I'm all for AS on the server, but I'm not so sure about VCTF. If we get silly maps like BloodGulch and MilitaryFort again, then I guess I'm sort of against it. However, if we also get a bunch of serious maps as well, like UCMP2-RiverCanyon2, that would be nice.

What do you guys think?

Nines

With Rage Alive
Oct 12, 2004
Sweden
I'm all for AS.

Not sure about VCTF, at least not with those crappy maps Nereid mentioned, and others.
If we're going to have VCTF back, no unserious or weird maps, please. :)

Voted AS only.
Unless we can get some good serious maps for VCTF, I don't want that.

Last edited:

hyrulian

Rainbow Brite
May 20, 2001
Chula Vista, CA
hyru.ath.cx
I kinda want them both back. I know those VCTF maps are silly (and many of them are meant to be), but there are plenty of good VCTF maps out there. When I think of VCTF, I think of having CTF, vehicles, and fun, not OMG LET'S CAPTURE FLAGS PRO STYLE LOLOL. :D

cocito

over cometed to a GAME
Apr 6, 2005
Knoxville, TN
VCTF only
assult= ghey azz, or i just dont like the idea and most of the maps are kinda bad in objective ideas

klasnic

ra ra rat Putin!
Jan 24, 2004
Waterford, Ireland
AS yep though I'll only ever vote for RobotFactory. VCTF is cool but too few decent maps for it... Umm AbandonedRoad, Dinora][, CampersParadise][

More vehaklz JD lolol :D Poor Nereid will only specate FragBU if they're on methinks ;)

Oh since we're all sooo pro how's about BR?

Last edited:

nuttella

Scare
Nov 19, 2004
Both, but you've got to use a mutator to enable the translocator in VCTF. I can't stomach playing without it, and yet it's not possible without a mutator to fix what some patch broke.

I don't see how Bloodgulch is any sillier than Romra.

And make sure you put up AS-Confexia and vote it in a lot just to annoy JD :p

Last edited:

Taleweaver

Wandering spirit
May 11, 2004
Off course
I want them both back. :tup:

@Olga: VCTF was removed because in the end, more people were goofing off than actually playing. That only happened on certain maps, though (you all know which one I'm talking about here). But hey...I even want VCTF back even if it only contains AggressiveAlleys-FragBU-beta and RiverCanyon2.

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I voted AS. VCTF was pretty craptacular.

I did always have fun on BloodGulch though because I always just tried to see how many manta roadkills I could amass before the match ended (record was 52). Now that we've gotten rid of VCTF I totally suck at running people over in mantas. :(

The only real problem with AS is it is very team-oriented, and a couple goof-offs on a team could spell disaster, and usually did. People were more apt to give up during an AS match than anything else on the server (as far as I noticed), and while AS may be a good gametype with good teams, it's horrible without them. Not worse than ONS with crap teams, but close. More people gave up in AS than ONS by far, so it made it seem worse. Half (random guess) the people on the server seemingly had no care whatsoever to learn how to play AS and this dragged down the quality of play a lot. If we're serious about putting it back, then we should make sure everyone at least knows what's going on and will be committed to trying. Otherwise it'll just be a replay of all the crappy matches we played before and it won't be worth it.

I wouldn't mind if either were put back on if we could be promised worthwhile VCTF maps. And BloodGulch. I need my manta practice again. No, AggressiveAlleys is not a good map. I don't remember Raffi's beta version though; maybe that has some worth.
gorf.gif