UE2 - UT2kX ArmorPickup Problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Median12

Mapper
Sep 18, 2012
GB
meettomy.site
Hi,

For some reason I cannot add Armor to map(s) (ArmorPickup)

I click the 'Add Armor' etc... from my list to add and the screen flashes, no armor is added.

I checked the standard UT2k4 maps and their armor has also gone? ( I was going to copy/paste to my map)

This is on WIn 7 32bit... Ultimate, 4gig RAM and a ATI Radeon card.

meowcat

take a chance
Jun 7, 2001
As I recall, the armor pickup (ShieldPickup.uc) is not a placeable class, it can only be spawned from a pickup spawner (ShieldCharger.uc) that is placed in the map, so look for those instead.

maxdamage

Unreal Series Fan for life!
Mar 2, 2012
South Africa
If you have a map that was made for UT2k3 it might have the shield pickup as an addable/placeable item on the map that you can then select,copy and paste it into your map. Can't remember which maps though. That is how I was able to use it in one of my maps and it works in UT2k4.My map CTF-Templeofrings(UT2003).ut2(old version as new one hasn't been released) has the Shield pack as a placeable item in both bases.