Apps question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

AizenSA

The Divine Tyrant
Dec 8, 2005
Geonosis
www.myspace.com
I thought I'd ask before installing. I was exploring my UT2004 disk and saw some apps in there with the names of Alias_sketch book pro, KAT, Maya, and upaint.(now i know what upaint is now) but whats the others about?:confused: :hmm: :con:

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
Alias Sketchbook Pro is a paint program. It's kinda limited compared to the likes of Photoshop or Painter, but decent. It works best if you have a tablet or Tablet PC.

AizenSA

The Divine Tyrant
Dec 8, 2005
Geonosis
www.myspace.com
-Tj- said:
Alias Sketchbook Pro is a paint program. It's kinda limited compared to the likes of Photoshop or Painter, but decent. It works best if you have a tablet or Tablet PC.

thanx for the info I alot us are enlightned now (so a decesent prog. you think its good for starters say people namely me that hasnt used photoshop that mush and other various other programs.)

Vailias

Aug 9, 2004
Elsewhere
www.starsiege2845.com
if you want to use mayaPLE however download the latest version from the Alias website and get the lastest features. Some of which make it more usefull, but as cheap said you can't get your mesh out of mayaple format, so it is somewhat limited. But if all you are doing is Unreal modeling then big deal.

-Tj-

Nov 30, 2004
If you want a program to do the textures you can use free ones like Gimp or Paint.NET, then import them into UnrealEd. You can also use ArtRage if you want, but it's very similar to Alias Sketchbook Pro, minus layers. If you can find the *free* version of openCanvas, you might want to look into that as well. Look for version 1.71b or something like that.

For programs on the cheap, look up Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop Elements, or openCanvas 4. They're all (I think) under the $100 mark.