UE1 - UT Another mover problem

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Chopin

Aug 23, 2005
Okay see who can be the first to figure out how to do this. It shouldn't be nearly has hard as my other mover problem.

Basically what I want is to make a regular mover, that automatically starts moving to its key 1 position as soon as the map starts (ie players dont have to bump it or anything), but then as soon as it reaches its key 1 position it instantly teleports back to its key 0 position without "moving" back, then immediately starts moving to key 1 again, and keeps doing this over and over endlessly.

How would one go about creating this?

If I can figure out how to do this, then I won't need to fix the issue described here, but if I can get that to work, I won't need this. The map idea can be successfully done using either method, I just need one to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Movers dont teleport. What you can do is try using Portals and use two movers that take the player half way inside the next portal. On the second portal, try placing it half inside the portal so when the first one sends the player inside the portal, the player will be stepping on the second mover when he goes through the portal. That may or may not work and I don't know if it will work because I've never tried it before. If you get the idea and follow the steps correctly, you might get it to work.

Rommie

May 27, 2009
you can also make a cyclus of 2 movers.
Just let the first mover disappear in a hole or someting that will cover the disappearance.
At that moment the second mover comes out at the start point.
If you let both of them do a loop then you create the essence of teleporting movers