an excellent idea for a mod!!!!!!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Little_teapot

Mar 24, 2001
Visit site
god, i hope this is the right forum for this post......

i am still fine tuning the plan for it, but it will be a very team-organised mod, ideal for clan wars and other gaming groups, communication between teammates will be vital and coordination will need to be strong otherwise the team will collapse and be destroyed

i wont spoil anything, but would anyone like to take me up on the offer to join the team? i can only map, so i basically want everyone to perhaps contribute, maybe make this non-team orientated, but contributions from everyone? i need coders, mappers, modellers the lot

i am planning to make anyone who wants to try their hand at something to give it a go, this mod, if it gets off the ground, will not rely on a single, select mod-team, but anyone who can give a decent contribution, this mod will get newbies to see their works of art in a mod, i am not going necessarily for quality, but basic fun and strong team spirit

i will of course have some sort of team-like structure, but since i am just a mapper, i will mainly just organise people, and suggest which contributions we accept

coders will be sent models and maps and stuff so they can make the mod using their magic, but the coders are gonna have to be really good, as this mod is quite complex

the more people who join, no matter how good/bad, the better this project will be, although i will be in charge of what goes on in the project, suggestions are very welcome and other members of the "regular" team will have their say in what happens, i cant exactly control the team, since i am a mapper only, but i am hoping everyone agrees with the idea

what do u think?

Teapot

Decomp

Mu hah hah hah!!
Apr 23, 2001
Ontario, Canada
www.geocities.com
Good Idea

I like the way you think teapot!

I can map well, like good ideas, but here's my problem, since I am just starting out I can't get my pathnodes to work.

I would be glad to help you once I figure it out.

Contact me on...
AIM : Decomp2001
MSN: Decomp2000@hotmail.com

I'd like to help you out with this idea, it sounds pretty good.

Little_teapot

Mar 24, 2001
Visit site
WOHOO!

great!

dont worry about pathnodes, if u give permission, i could easily add them in (u will still get full compliments for the map itself)

and to be honest, anyone could make a map for this mod, i will just say that it will use unreal warfare kind of maps, open fields with perhaps some decoration such as abandoned towns etc, grab yourself a terrain editor and bingo! just add some deco and your done!

i am looking for a coder right now, maps and models can be submitted by anyone, so you are all automatically in the team, but i am looking for a coder in particular otherwise the mod will never get started!

Teapot

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
i didn't know that.
i guess i'm showing my age :)
btw, the person in the picture does look like he's getting the old Rear Admiral. no offense.

Fluid

Zen fascists will control you
Aug 2, 2000
Maastricht, the Netherlands
So I clicked on that thread, and with that title I expected to find something to do there...no, nothing but questionable material. :rolleyes:

Anyways, I'll see what I can do in 1 week (amount of vacation) as I don't have anything better to do whatsoever. :)

Little_teapot

Mar 24, 2001
Visit site
sorry

im sorry, but its no use getting u to make a map if its gonna be wasted cos the mod never goes ahead, two mappers wont be able to make it im afraid

i will email u as soon as i get something resembling a team, honest

Teapot

Decomp

Mu hah hah hah!!
Apr 23, 2001
Ontario, Canada
www.geocities.com
I'm very dissapointed in you, teapot.

I thought you really wanted this. You obviously don't. I think you should forget e-mailing me all together, you're no good as a leader if you have no hope anyway.

:mad:

aspie

It's all good baby.
Feb 24, 2001
Australia
I'll make 3 maps, 4 tree models, 19 prefabs, 4 music tracks, 2 a farm animal sound pack, 4 player skins and 2 weapons.

Is that enough?

Little_teapot

Mar 24, 2001
Visit site
nooooooo

i really wanna make the mod, and i would email you, but i think you would be just as dissapointed as i that the mod never gets done because u would have spent ages making a really cool map that is never gonna get used because the mod never happens

plus, i havent lost hope, im gonna ask a friend at school if he wants to code the mod, he has so far won every programming competition at school, so the mod is NOT doomed to fail, it is on pause until i find a coder

but please wait until the mod is going to definately go ahead otherwise you will waste a lot of your time making a map for a mod that will never be made to a playable level

please hang on, and i am NOT being a bad leader, i am just having some trouble starting the mod up

remember I CANT CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if noone offers to code, the mod is history, unless my friend at school says yes

please decomp, dont lose faith! i am merely trying to prevent dissapointing you if the mod never makes it

dont do anything until i say, otherwise you could end up dissapointed, i was hoping someone in the forum could code, and was willing, but i was wrong :(

i will look everywhere else i can to find a coder, then u can start mapping/modelling/whatever

i want this mod more than anyone, especially since i thought it up!

Teapot

Fuzzpilz

klkk
Jun 28, 2000
:noitacoL
Originally posted by Little_teapot
i was hoping someone in the forum could code, and was willing, but i was wrong :(

The problem is that most people here who can code are already working on a mod or (like me) simply don't have time.