Americas Army 1.90

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
hey anyone tried it? its got funky new models and a medic class where you go bandaging people like in ra286, except i think the bandaging time depends on the wound.... its good fun, but im sure that ill be playing something else soon (cough cough :D )
AA_03.jpg

AA_04.jpg

AA_05.jpg

AA_06.jpg

the pics have their contrast tweaked so that you can see whats happening (on my monitor at least ;) )

EDIT: check out that flaming M4A1 :lol:

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
not to my knowledge.... but the death animations and things like that are good and look very natural anyway.... it should be going in in a later release that you can drive vehicles and stuff

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
AA 1.90 = AA 1.70 with a fake medic system and a slightly more revamped enterface.

The medic system is kinda dumb because you have to go to all these classes that teach you have to do a bunch of stuff. When you finally get to try it you think "oh yay! maybe something you have to have some skill at!" and then you find out that all you have to do is press "Use" and the soldier is as good as new.

Sweep

Jul 25, 2001
Visit site
I just can't get past the damage and accuracy system they use. First off it just plain takes too many hits to kill most of the time, might as well be playing some arcade game... Then they go and have iron sights, but with cone fire. Cone fire bad enough that when wounded, you can have your sights dead on target and still miss by 15 feet shooting at a target 50 yards away. That pisses me off, I don't mind that you can't shoot as well when wounded or after running, etc, but for crying out loud make the sights move around and make you miss, don't add in magic inaccuracy...

Last edited:

Dr.J

Staying Alive.
Nov 25, 2001
Hong Kong
www.alkdjflakdjfksj.com
yeah i agree that the accuracy thing is really retarded.... excuse my lack of skill at that game, but to get exp marksman took me forever simply because you dont hit whatever the front sight is pointing at... that used to piss me off.. but do medics heal you back to full life?? man thats crap. ive only been healed once but i was just bleeding on green so i really noticed no difference. but anyway... about the damage system, it DOES take TOO many bullets to killl a person.... sometimes it just feels like a movement mutator for cs in that it literally does take like 5-10 rounds to the torso to down someone. its an alright game, but i am waiting for inf 2003/4 to destory it in the year 2020 :D

on the other hand, its strong points is that its got huge maps where you can actually realistically make use of sniper rifles and it also runs very well for the visuals that it offers :) ive got a geforce2 GTS and i can run it fine at 800x600 (with every texture setting set to very low except for weapon, player, interface and that iron sight picture :hmm: .... theyre set to very high :D )

Feb 26, 2001
England
The sniper rifles in AA suck due to the horrible fogging effect at around 100 yards, its stupid. You feel like your seriously short sighted in each of the maps, its rubbish!!!

CrappyChan

Come on snow!
Mar 3, 2001
i hated the accuracy, I was 10 feet from a terrorist and i had M16 on semi, tat, tat, tat, tat, tat. didn't move, was crouched. every single ****ing bullet missed. and he turned around and killed me. wtf? that **** pissed me off.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
btw your accuracy begins perfect if you wait till you breath out (just watch the sights rise, then fall and settle in one place for a sec) using that technique i got expert with 37 out of 40 targets firs time

OICW

Reason & Logic > Religion
Ummm, what exactly has changed about the damage system in 1.9? In 1.7 it takes three bullets from a US weapon to kill someone (apart from the M82), but two from an OPFOR weapon (I believe it's one shot kill for the SVD too).

jaunty

Apr 30, 2000
The problem is that the conefire they use on the crosshair doesn't go away when you bring up the iron sights. You just need to be thankful for the fact that recoil just doesn't exist in the game.

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
OICW said:
Ummm, what exactly has changed about the damage system in 1.9? In 1.7 it takes three bullets from a US weapon to kill someone (apart from the M82), but two from an OPFOR weapon (I believe it's one shot kill for the SVD too).
How does that work? Isn't everyone firing the "same" weapon, due to both sides being US?

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
:con: I can't say I understand this.
If I shoot an enemy soldier, from my POV it takes three shots couse I use an US weapon but from his POV he dies after two couse he was shot with an OPFOR weapon?

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
No, what he's saying is that as long as an OPFOR is using an OPFOR weapon, it will function just like a US weapon with an OPFOR skin. However, when you kill an OPFOR and take his (for example) AK47, it actually becomes an AK47, instead of just an m16 with an AK47 skin.

Hopefully that makes sense :)

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
It does. :)
*edit*
Actualy, I have no clue why the hell I didn't get it the first time. Every pice of information I needed is there... but I somehow missed it. :hmm:

Last edited: