Altering falling damage........

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

faderide

Far beyond driven
I've got a section in my map where I want the falling damage to be less (well preferably zero). Its in a zone that has slightly lower gravity so it wouldn't actually detract from realism...and Im only getting about 12 damage in this area, but I really need zero damage here.
I've tried altering the zone info maximum falling velocity number thingy, but that f*cks with too many other things in this particular section of my map.
I even tried making an invisible jumppad, with a large reaction diameter with x,y, and z values of zero. Thought I was brainstorming for a brief moment (only a brief one) untill I found during game play when you enter this area you get a brief slowdown (something you wouldnt notice on a regular jumppad since you'd be getting some air soon)
I don't want everyone that downloads my map have to use the
"no falling damage mutator" as a requirement.
Is there some script I can alter, some other trick?

Help me out here fellow mapping bro's...its my final hurdle....

Bot_40

Go in drains
Nov 3, 2001
York, UK
Raise the kicker off the ground high enough so it doesn't affect you if you're running along the ground of if you jump. Make sure that bKillVelocity is not set to true and that the z kick velocity is as small value as positive.
Just incase you already don't know, a positive value kicks you up, negative for down.

faderide

Far beyond driven
Bot_40.....you are the man!
I couldn't raise it above the ground because in that exact area I had people moving up with kickers. When they would hit the bottom of the invisible jump pad it would stop them like solid geometry.
The trick was leaving it on the surface that I didnt want the fall damage on setting kill velocity to false..I had it set to true..like my other kickers. With it set to false and x,y,and Z to 0 you get no pause when walking into its collision radius and you can hit it at any speed with no fall damage.....yes!!!!!!!!!!!
Mega thanks