Alt to ACTORX

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MadMaty2005

Jan 24, 2005
Is there any alternatives to the ACTOR X plugin for 3ds max. I have 3ds max 6 and the character studio 4.2, but when i start up max i get a "Failed to initilize" error :( and its really winding me up as i want to get my animations into UT2004. Is there any other plugins, or does anybody know of a fix that will work?

I tried downloading all the latest updates, and the latest .net framework, and also the 2 DLL files that are listed on the actor X download website, but it did not work :(

cole_bie

^^^SHOW ME THE PINK^^^
Jun 29, 2004
I dont think there is but im sure there is a small detail you are overlooking.

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
"but when i start up max i get a "Failed to initilize" error"
You mean it won't start the plug in or won't start max?

MadMaty2005

Jan 24, 2005
Its ok i sorted it. I had to put the Dlls into the root directory (C:\3dsmax6) instead of the plugins folder. Oh well at least it works now.