All you rushers join together!!!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Jul 16, 2001
Walking with an ACOG is pretty inaffective IMO..have to stop in order to get a good shot.. that has been decently fixed. However, I agree, there are still other bugs that should be worked out

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
No sane commander would set his team up with weapons that would render the majority of them useless in the most likely engagament ranges which are around or below 100m. This is ESPECIALLY true for the infiltration maps.

[edit]As for walking, jogging and sprinting with the acog. you don't do that IRL because you won't see anything due to paralax.
Which means that scopes AGAIN have an unrealistic advantage over real life.

Jul 16, 2001
lol..I guess it takes an insane commander to achieve victory in this game until you can prove me otherwise then :p..And regarding the scopes, I was saying exactly that, and how they have been modified in 2.86 to simulate this, so it is much harder to aim through scopes while walking

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
After the AFA server had been up for about three or four days, Hub had made a comment that I thought rather humorous. Thus, on that day, Hub had authored the word "Robarphelia". And weeks prior to that, I took down some numbers, a percentage of AR's that had gAyCOGs attached. The alltime low was 65% over 8 hours of gameplay, and the alltime high over eight hours was 91%. Over the whole two weeks I took numbers, the average was 81%.

Jul 16, 2001
The percentages shouldnt be changed..it should just be made a lot harder in order to achieve an accurate shot, not impossible

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
The percentages are utilization, not success. 81% of the people on average on that server are using a scoped weapon. Doesn't that seem slightly wrong to anyone?

Jul 16, 2001
not really..because I often dont use a scoped weapon and still kill em..but I really don't care that much! So I'll let the issue drop and INF team deal with it

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
that percentage should rise on account of many folks taking sigs and m-16 instead of robars. (a good thing if you ask me)
I find the scoped ar's to be more useable on most maps.
and the scope jiggle keeps me from walking and getting any decent shots even though I still abuse that "unreality".
if the rez was higher, we really wouldent need them for 90% of the "sniper" kills being made now.

[I shall now rant for you :D]
weve got things to slow snipers, weve got things to keep naders in check, weve even got things to keep people from turning into walking ammo dumps.
but theres little to nothing to keep them from abusing the single pistol loadout.

I mean, I enjoy the freedom of being able to pick what I want, and as many as I want from the armory.
but Hearing more and more about this 1knife loadout, and seeing the effects of guys rushing with just a pistol and no main weapon bugs me.

It sucks to have to make rules to enforce reality.
but without them, rushing turns what should be a tactics game back into a ut ping war.

JonnyBoy

alive
Jun 6, 2000
Visit site
I personally HATE the acog...I never ever use it...as a matter of fact the lastest favorite loadout of mine is a bare m16 with a desert eagle and some frags.

NotBillMurray

It's Suntory Time!
Mar 11, 2001
The single pistol loadout should be toned down when a human running speed is introduced. There is only so fast a human being can go, and right now they are exceeding it with a full loadout.

Cholo Grande

May 29, 2001
www.buswerks.com
I am personaly against further weapon restrictions. This goes back to what I said about trying to force a certain style of gameplay. Put the reality in the maps and in the mechanics. Let the players work with reality in the way they see fit. I don't see as many scopes as you guys are talking about except for certain maps. The primary weapons I see are the mp5 and p90. There are a few maps where I see alot of robars. If you want to limit the use of them then up the encumberance of the robar. It's a huge gun and should make carrying anything in addition to it a BIG encumberance hit. Right now you can carry a robar, mp5, ak, and a pistol and still be reasonably fast.

Limiting the choices people have to them is not necessary. Look at the PSG... it's so expensive that nobody carries it unless they want to be a full time sniper.

RAZZ

aka FURY13RT
personaly I think acogs are more realistic than a robar.
I dunno about rl, but I would think that a $200 addition to a regular m-16 would be far more common in a squad than a psg.

Ive always thought of the psg is a precision instrument for a delicate task. more handy in a police role for wounding targets and trick shots like the famous "shooting the gun out their hand" stuff than just putting a bullet in someones head.

if you only want to kill them, an m-16 can do that.
its cheaper, has more availible ammo, and is more durable, plus theres bound to be replacement parts handy.
Ive been taking acoged sigs and m-16s cause their more useful for sniping on these small maps.

personaly I think the team left room in the bulk/expense setup for more extreme weapons.
robar seems to rank as your "beginners" hunting rifle compared to what we could end up using some day.
I wonder why they dident make the scope a seperate attachment?

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
Give us realistic scopes and a realistic bulk system and you won't hear me. But since we don't have those something should be done untill they are implemented properly.

As for scopes in on-line play, i suggest you pay more attention because some 70-80pct carries one.

{PhD}Teutonic

Doctor of Phragology
Aug 6, 2000
www.phragdoctors.net
Many high-powered rifles are made with or without iron sights nowadays. The Robar is specifically designed to fire at distances greater than 700 yards. There would be very few requests to have iron sights installed on a weapon used for 700 to 1000 yard shots. I'm sure you could buy one with them if you chose to, it just doesn't make much sense.

Truthfully there are no INF maps that justify the use of the Robar. The PSG would normally be used instead, but because of the high cost to buy it and the magnification limits on its scope many players choose to use the Robar instead.

St0rmcaller

[AFA]'s unoffical godfather
Apr 4, 2001
United States of America
Originally posted by {PhD}Teutonic
Truthfully there are no INF maps that justify the use of the Robar. The PSG would normally be used instead, but because of the high cost to buy it and the magnification limits on its scope many players choose to use the Robar instead.

You hit the proverbial nail on the head, Teutonic.