air-thin static meshes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Creator

Jan 21, 2004
Birmingham, England
I placed a static mesh and duplicated it a lot. They are visible, and light doesn't go through them, and bullets, grenades etc deflect off them. When I run accross it, or stand on the very edge of this mesh (it's a walkway btw) I'm fine, but when I stand still I fall right through. I cna use the melee weapon to jump up through it again as well. Please help.

The_Creator

Jan 21, 2004
Birmingham, England
Mychaeel said:
<Babylon5> What do you want? </Babylon5>

I think it's obvious that I don't want to fall through my meshes.

Also, a step on my spiral staircase is now air-thin. It is a normal brush, and all the other steps are fine. It might have something to do with the fact that it joins to an added brush at the top step. Please advise.

SylverFyre

Spongebob Squarepants
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.byut.net
is it a static mesh you made yourself using UEd?

If so you probably want to set the builder brush to enclose it then right click the mesh and select Use brush as collision
go into the static mesh browser and make sure that use simple collision is set to true

homemade meshes usually have this problem until you give them a collision model :)