Addon adjustment: Custom Celebration Lines

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
The celebration lines that show up in the celebration screen, are fun to look at, but after a few games on the net, I sometimes get a little tired of the "That guy says don't do the crime if you can't do the time". My suggestion is that there should be an option and a textbar in the Celebration Addon screen, where you can type your own celebration line (burn, Burn, BURN!!!!) and the option for whether or not using it (Turn custom celebration lines on)

What do you think of it?

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
those taunts are already in there.....(%P thightened security on the red team). Bots will use those, not the custom ones. Those are for the human players only

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
I think the built in ones are good as they are, you shouldn't have 'burn, Burn, BURN!!!' or something like that as a default. If you want something else, you gotta make up your own. Only dunno whether you should have one field or three, but one field has the advantage that it's easier to use (it doesn't have to randomize) and it identifies you more as a human player

RabidZombie

Freshly Removed Brains at half price!
Apr 29, 2004
What whould happen if you kill yourself? Who would make the messege? Maybie the peeson with the most points on the other team

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
no, then it just shows up as default (Player didn't read the 'aim away from the face'-label). I'd just insert 1 textbox in the addon where you can type your celebration message and one checkbox to check whether or not you wanna use it. Bots will use defaults.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Is there a way to decompile the .u files using UCC? Or is there another way? I'd really like to take a look at the code of JBAddonCelebrationScreen, and see what I can do with it...

**EDIT**(ucc batchexport?)

Last edited:

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Nope, it doesn't work. I opened UEd, opened actor classes, deselected both checkboxes, clicked on the foldericon to open JBaddoncelebration and NOTHING HAPPENED. Nothing was added at all. I tried to open AngelItenPhysics as well, and again, nothing happened. When I try to open it, I first have to unfold the Object thingy (I'm dutch ;)) and when I scroll down, there are four things that start with JB, it mainly has to do with the cameras that can follow a player. But I cannot open any other actor class that doesn't show up in the actor browser by default for some reason. Any ideas?

TheForgotten

Card Carrying Mad Scientist
Jul 6, 2004
jrubzjeknf said:
Is there a way to decompile the .u files using UCC? Or is there another way? I'd really like to take a look at the code of JBAddonCelebrationScreen, and see what I can do with it...

**EDIT**(ucc batchexport?)

ucc batchexport JBAddonCelebrationScreen.u class .uc MyDirectory

unreal wiki has a good discription of batchexport

Mychaeel

jrubzjeknf said:
Nope, it doesn't work. I opened UEd, opened actor classes, deselected both checkboxes, clicked on the foldericon to open JBaddoncelebration and NOTHING HAPPENED. Nothing was added at all. I tried to open AngelItenPhysics as well, and again, nothing happened.
From what you're writing it seems that you expect the loaded classes to show up somewhere on the top level of the class tree; but that, of course, isn't the case -- loaded classes are added below their parent classes in the class tree. See Unreal Wiki: OOP if you're new to object-oriented programming and class hierarchies.

The JBCamControllerX classes only are listed immediately below Object because they're directly derived from it. JBAddonCelebration, on the other hand, is derived from JBAddon which is a subclass of Mutator which is a subclass of Info which is a subclass of Actor, so you'll have to look for it in Actor -> Info -> Mutator -> JBAddon, not directly below Object.