About the scale of the third-person weapon models.....

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
I noticed this from version 2.80, but I was just to lazy to post it. I think SOME of the third personweapon models are too large. when they lay on the ground. I noticed this especially with the benelli shotgun, the robar and the M16A2. I know those are big weaponry, but are they really this big???? (I'm not talking about the 1st person models, those are just pretty freaking fine!! =])

May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
oh and some minor other stuff...=]

-I also noticed that, when throwing an empty clip after reloading, there's always this empty-clip-falls-on-solid-rock sound, even when I'm standing till my hips in the snow in DM-INF-Kazakhstan (figuratively speaking offcourse :p )
-I also noticed that when a grenade explodes, if you were too put all those fragments back together, you'll end up with a nade the size of a basketball. A little resizing of the nade fragments would do the allready good looking explosion good.

Well, what I said, minor stuff, just to get the most realistic stuff into Inf. Keep it up guys! :) :) :)

dont kill me, love me...

Meshuggah

Apr 24, 2000
Chandler, Az, USA
Visit site
Alien, when the grenade explodes, the casing would be stretched before it broke, therefore making the the fragments thinner, and having more surface area, and appearing to be growing larger.

But they are not, it is the same amount of material, just flattened out from the explosion

page

May 22, 2000
Amsterdamned
resolute.gamepoint.net
that is very true....

however, I think that those fragments in Inf are not flat at al, they look like (and than I mean VERY MUCH look like) the fragments of hot steel the flakcannon in regular UT spits out. Just look at the fragments ingame, you'll notice it to. Those are some big shunks...

dont kill me, love me...

Serial Killer

Masterful
Dec 1, 1999
Erlangen, Germany
Visit site
Those are the standard UT Flak shrapnels i think. But that's ok. Inf is still a game and it is more realistic than any other i know.
Concerning the models. If you would make the weapons as large as they are in RL and the mags with the appropriate size to fit the weapons you would just overlook them. It would suck. They would be too small. Furthermore in future versions of Inf there won't be that many weapons lying around. (Due to the pick-up system)

Live and let die!
BTW, I also read the roadmap!! (Many times!)

HanD_of_DarKNesS

Evil Bastard
May 23, 2000
Ottawa, ON (Canada)
I agree and I don't about the mag size thing. I think realistic sized clips, mags and rounds would make sense. It would allow more items in an area (such as on the shelves of an armoury), and be more realistic. The fact that they would get overlooked just adds to the fact that they are like real life.

When the scavenging system is worked out, most weapons and ammo will be picked from backpacks, and thus make even more sense if to proper scale.

This is just my $0.02 though.

DarKNesS=.gif

For you, the end is near.

The_Fur

Back in black
Nov 2, 2000
www.rlgaming.com
something else, when walking on soft soil, turn around and look at your footsteps, now fire a single round in the footstep and compare the bullethole to the footstep, either the INF troopers ahve some mighty tiny feet or the bullets are mighty friggin HUGE.

Crosshairs are for wimps :)

Killing stupid people is not just a hobby, it's a way of life.

mademancolour5.jpg

Alpha_9

Infiltration lead level designer
Jun 1, 2000
Washington State
Scavenging

Actually, if I remember right, weapons will appear besides corpses. Only ammo will remain hidden in their pouches & packs.

That's what would be more realistic, after all.

Alpha_9.gif

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind; and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls; it tolls for thee."

John Donne