UE3 - UDK About Contents in UDK

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

akinuri

Nov 30, 2011
Hi everyone.

I just started using UDK. I'm not even amateur yet =P I need a little help on something. That's why I wanted to ask you guys, to someone familiar with UDK. I planing to use UDK for visualization. I won't make a game or game maps. I'll use my own textures and models. I want a clean UDK. That's why I want to get rid of the content comes with UDK. Materials, static meshes and some other useless stuff (to me). But I can use some effects like; rain, clouds, halos etc. I want to keep them. So can anyone help me about this? Tell me what to remove?

Thanks.

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
If you want a really stripped down version you can grab a copy here, but be warned it's meant for people who've had experience with the UDK and the configuration files.

Really though, you don't need to get rid of anything. You can make your own folders for your content to keep it separated from Epic's, and when you package your project with the front end only the stuff that you used is put into the final files.

akinuri

Nov 30, 2011
20 MB? Wow. This could be useful but I'm not very familiar with UDK yet. And you're right about it. I can create my own folders but I wanted to lower UDK's size. So I can travel it on my flash. I use different computers. That's why I wanted to get rid of them so UDK wouldn't take too much space on my flash xD

akinuri

Nov 30, 2011
I already deleted all maps and some of their contents. Now it's size is around 900MB. That's acceptable =P I wanted to know if I can lower more. I tried to delete some files from Environments folder but I get few error. I guess some effects are using these files. So I put them back. And when the udk is compressed its size lowers to 400MB~. I guess that's ok. Thank you for your help =)