A thread about the ending, spoilers abound

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
ok, I got around to beating the game for the first time this afternoon.

most of what can be said about the endgame has already been said:
-giant vagina monsters
-there is no cake(vault)
-stupid angel lady just used you like a dirty, gold digging whore
-anticlimactic resolution to the story, as if anyone was following along
-awesome Borderlands wide open exploration becomes Crysis style linear path
-etc etc

something I can now say with certainty is that I have only run into a couple instances when the game slows down or stutters because of the environment.
the only 2 places in the whole course of the game where I could cause the framerate to slide was at the very, tip-top of Baron Flynt's throne and the far Northwest corner of the New Haven map. there's a place there where you can get high enough to essentially see the entire area and town of NH all at once.

so I'm happy to report that Borderlands, on the whole, has run smooth as silk 99% of the time. all in all, this is one of the most solid and enjoyable FPS singleplayer games I've ever played.

dub

Feb 12, 2002
I had a pretty epic ending to the boss.
I was level 32, died once and on the second time I got him down real low when he hit me with something that left me with 20 health, so I quickly used a large health thingy... but still died. So I'm in second chance thingy and decid to just pelt the little bit of the monster that I could still see (I died on the side with a rock covering most of him) with my x4 flaming assault and just as I was about to fade to black I got the end animation :)

Sounds **** when I write it up, but itwas pretty epic :p

Capt.Toilet

Good news everyone!
Feb 16, 2004
Ottawa, KS
I had a pretty epic ending to the boss.
I was level 32, died once and on the second time I got him down real low when he hit me with something that left me with 20 health, so I quickly used a large health thingy... but still died. So I'm in second chance thingy and decid to just pelt the little bit of the monster that I could still see (I died on the side with a rock covering most of him) with my x4 flaming assault and just as I was about to fade to black I got the end animation :)

Sounds **** when I write it up, but itwas pretty epic :p

I was surprised you could even see him considering how black it gets when you are down, it's borderline ridiculous.