A server side manual team balancing tool?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Beppo,

Okay, I notice now you always start with a spawn counter after being switched (I like that). However, I was testing this at my office (LAN) and there where about 9 players on (others where WAN for me). I did a switch on Frozen and when I spawned I had *no* load out. I switch myself back and when I spawned I still had *no* load out. I did this a few times trying to get my load out. Then a teammate was kind of enough to kill me a spawn (I ask him to) and when I respawn after the death I still had *no* load out.

I then exited the game and wrote this post ;)

Thanks

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Wave Timer was always showing up for switched players cause they respawn fully.

The 'no loadout' thing has nothing to do with this mutator. And the fact that you still got no loadout after someone killed you seconds this. It can happen if the loadout string or loadout slot number is not properly set.
I guess your loadout got lost somehow and you simply needed to reselect one to force the internal variables to be updated properly again.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Beppo said:
Wave Timer was always showing up for switched players cause they respawn fully.

The 'no loadout' thing has nothing to do with this mutator. And the fact that you still got no loadout after someone killed you seconds this. It can happen if the loadout string or loadout slot number is not properly set.
I guess your loadout got lost somehow and you simply needed to reselect one to force the internal variables to be updated properly again.

I recall switching myself before and just *being* alive on the other team. Perhaps I am on crack and do not recall correctly ;)

As for the no load out. I do recall this happening to me before with out using the Switcher..... I guess it was just bad luck that it happen with I switched myself to the other team last night.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
I switched someone tonight and their Cammo was bugged and it stayed that way even after he died (so he says). Also, when he went over and spawned the first time he had no load-out.

Exar

INForcer
Nov 7, 2001
The Netherlands
www.inforcers.net
New bugreport (2 bugs):

Camos are still not changed when switching a 'dead' (waiting for new spawn) player.
Dunno if this always happens, but I don't dare switching dead ppl anymore... (so its hard to use when they are on the other team)

Sometimes a player who gets swapped is immediatly spawned on other team without any weapon.
That player can't even pick up weapons and won't get em with a new respawn.
Also, a player like that has no health bar and weapon ACC and stuff.... looks like he's some sort of ghost who can be seen and killed.
Switching a player like that back to the first team he was in results in the player still being a 'half-ghost'....
Only way to fix the 'half-ghost' is by making him reconnect, which makes him lose all lives.... :(

Last edited:

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Yep, I reported both to Beppo. I am assume there is not a lot he can do.

You know, I never put the "dead" and the cammos not changing together. That *could* be important.

For the weapons, yep that is what I see to sometimes. However, you seemed to figured out more details then I did.

Perhaps Beppo can figure it out with your *better* information.

Last edited:

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Well guys, there is really not much I can do.

I'm calling the standard ChangeTeam function and this then forces the player to restart after going into the Dying state. That's the standard way for doing this and I only worked around the spawning of a carcass by setting the player model to hidden manually before switching the teams.
Probs that can show up are based on 'bad' timing that let the script codes not perform exactly as planned or things are called at the time the bandwidth makes skin replication lower priority aso...