A revolutionnary gameplay idea easy to do

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
i just though about it today and tried it on a conversion i make (for the moment top secret data defence ect) (without geometry changes).

in the EAS maps , defenders often spawn as a group.
but in real life , if the defenders are in their base , they are not regrouped in one point. they are dispersed , in randomm areas of the base. because some are patrolling, some are eating , sleeping...
in the game , the defenders must in many maps run like hell to go to their defensive positions , because the spawn is not at their objective , wich is unrealistic , defenders are at their objective when they defend it.

the idea is to make the defender first spawn be anywere around their base.
And defenders don't spawn as a group , but some at X place , some at Y place , some at Z place , ect...
if you put many spawns the attackers won't know where the defenders can be , wich is another good things. the attack would be more exiting because ambushes could be anywhere !!!!

so you can set this up by making an invade area close to the attackers spawn ,an area where the attackers have to pass trough.
by this way the 1st attackers objective is completed in the first seconds of the round , and the spawns of the defenders are moved back to some conventional EAS spawns with sniper class. the first defender spawn doesnt need sniper class .
i hope it was understandable.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
pretty easy... ie Island has a 'warning' goals that triggers a message about the attackers invading the area. This could be used to turn off playerspawns that are placed at many places around the island.

Sure all this is easily doable but most maps do not need it that badly and for some maps it doesn't fit to the story.
So, calling this revolutionary is maybe a bit 'too much'... but for some maps this can be a good idea, yes.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Glad you mentioned this publicly Don. It works wonders on BastilleEstation. The defenders spawn right near the first objective but as soon as the attackers move 10 feet it sounds an objective complete sound and the defenders spawn wayy in the rear. Brilliant! :)

Vega-don

arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée
Mar 17, 2003
Paris suburbs
Visit site
thanks for the compliment :) :) if the map wasnt released yet i wouldhave removed that sound though but its a detail..

but in bastille station this is not exactly what i mean here..

in fact for bastille station it was copied from frozen spawns.

i mean defenders dont spawn toghether..for a base it is realistic since some patrol in one area, some patrol in another ect... they spawn in all the base, some close to the attackers spawn.

you might want to use this for GDHQ

Last edited: