A question

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

patrickrho

Oct 31, 2003
I haev a desire to make a Educational Software with this Unreal Runtime for a free release... It is NOT a game and I know that this has been discussed many times but can my software, which was created for Educational purposes, be distributed? If this can be done, I will surely include a Runtime logo.

Also, UT2004 came out, and I think someone said that they are going to release another version of Runtime as soon as the UT2004 comes out. if this is possible, I want to know when the new version of the runtime will be released.

Thanx

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
The real question is: would the educational software be "sold" or provided to the user free of charge? I don't believe you can directly proffit from the runtime unless you license/pay for it for that purpose.

patrickrho

Oct 31, 2003
The educational software will NOT be sold and it will be released online for free..

It would be kind of like online software[?] where 5-10 people could join in a room and learn vocabulary faster and easier...where they compete each other for the problem that the software gives..

is that legal to be distributed? it's not a game at all..no shooting involved.

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
Guys, please don't try and "clarify" licensing terms. The EULA is pretty clear on what is and isn't allowed.

If you have questions on the EULA, read it thoroughly. If you still have questions, email licensing@epicgames.com, or better yet, consult a lawyer.