A PARIAH UPDATE!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

{RA}SKYFURNACE

Game Mapper & Press
Apr 17, 2004
We know how important a dedicated server version is for everyone and we've been trying to work out the issues with our publisher so that we can make it happen. We're about 95% sure it will happen so we've started working on it and will have it ready to release once we get the go ahead. Stay tuned...

http://www.pariahgame.com/vb3_forum/showthread.php?t=1785

*Note: Anyone else care to take a look at the masterpieces that Groove Games as published?

**Note: Also I guess one of the issues with server files is that Groove&DE are hesitant to put anything out that does not require a CD check.... As stated in this Post:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by Circus
Well unfortunately I took my game back for a refund so I have to wait for the no cd on patch 2 to do anything really. I still got the game installed with the first no cd exe's but I am not playing it till I can install the new patch with the new no cd exe's

It's for reasons like this that we hesitate on putting out a dedicated server version. I'm sure you're a very hardworking person that enjoys seeing the benefits of your hard work...wouldn't it suck if someone stole that benefit from you after all the hard work you put into it?

Also Leadfoot Comments on the broken .ucc compression issue & WebAdmin Interface:

UCC:

I just looked into this issue and unfortunately I discovered a bug that is causing it not too work properly. We don't use the ucc compress/uncompress commands here and thats why it wasn't noticed. I'm sorry about that and a fixed version will be in the next patch.

Webadmin
I am working on a web server admin interface which is loosely based on the UT2k3 web admin interface. I am hoping to get it into the next patch. If anybody is interested, at some point I could start a server with the web admin interface active and people could try it out and give suggestions for additional features.

Leadfoot: DE Pariah Team Toronto

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I hate CD checks. I own the game, and I just abhor having the CD in for any game I own. I haven't played Pariah since the patch came out hardly at all because I don't really want to put in the CD when I have a hundred other games I can play without it.

{RA}SKYFURNACE

Game Mapper & Press
Apr 17, 2004
Looks like it's a go...we've sent over Patch #3 to Groove for testing before it's released. It has the dedicated server .exe in it...if testing goes well we'll have it out in a few days, if not sooner! Weeee!

&

With Patch 3, we will be forcing people to update the game before they're allowed to play online to avoid any incompatibility issues.

http://www.pariahgame.com/vb3_forum/showthread.php?t=1785&page=2

BITE_ME

Bye-Bye
Jun 9, 2004
Not here any more
I just seen the game in the stores today.
You folks are saying that a good patch is in the works. Cool. I'll pick it up on Saturday. I kind of liked the demo. It was kind of like UT2XMP.