a little look at my gear

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
I decided to take a pic of the gaming side of my room, a couple people on other forums were asking to see some of my setup.

I took these ones without a flash for a little mood, the other ones I posted had a flash and you could see stuff better, but I thought these looked cooler.

so anyway, I have a total of six tables in my computer room, two pcs on each table, this is the gaming side of my room, you can see two of my three gaming rigs, both are identical, they're both 64 bit Shuttles (both are in sn45g cases though) both have a gig of ram, both have x800Xt cards.

the one on the left is the one I typically play games on (pretty much just Far Cry and Doom 3, since I only have like 3 games) it's sporting a logitech z series of speakers (the cheap ones, I think they were 50 beans) the new Logitech MX1000 mouse with a fricken laser in its head and a KDS 19 inch monitor. On the left side you can also see my Canon i960 photo printer, there is a second i series printer under the desk (it's the same but has an LCD thingy on it) and an old generic IBM keyboard (my favorite kind) The pc on the left (network named Gaming Backup) has a DVD burner and two 200 gig hard drives

On the right you can see my main rig (the one I'm on right now) basically the same as the other one, but it has a Samsung 19 Inch LCD (I'm using my old 21 Inch LCD to watch TV on). You can see the Logitech MX 900 Bluetooth desktop there and my uber Rat Padz mouse pad (I loooooove that thing) That PC is sitting on top of a 50 port switch (I host lans all the time) on top of the PC are my two wireless routers, one Netgear (booo) and one Linksys (YAY!) and the GriffenTech controller (the little blue glowy thing) that I use mostly as a video jog shuttle and the controller for Winamp and WMP. That PC has a set of Harmon Kardon Alien Tech speakers that went obsolete about a month after they came out, so I got them for 25 beans.

/edit, I should add this is the PC my girlfriend uses to play Sims 2, and Project Gotham Racing

If you're wondering why I have two wireless routers and a 50 port switch, all the computers in the main room are wired (a total of 11 computers) the two wireless routers run a bunch of Laptops I have stationed throughout the house, I grab that Netgear one when I need it and use it as a signal booster so I can play around online while I'm out back catching some sun.

If anyone wants to see some of my toys or DVDs let me know, I took a bunch of pics of those too.

Warning, this picture is Wiiiiiiide, H-Scroll be ready.

Attachments

• wootypebbles.jpg
    wootypebbles.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
That is a very nice setup, I want to do that one of these days. Have two gaming computers that are top of the line, and a computer used for server stuff with a very fast internet connection. That would be very cool.

Right now all I got is one top of the line computer, and a low end system that can be used for gaming, but isn't very good. All it has is a geforce 2. Where my top of the line system is a radeon 9800 pro with 2gigs of ram and a athlon 2600.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
It's kind of easy for me though, a huge part of what I do on a daily basis is to buy new computers, so when I need stuff, I'll buy top of the line stuff for me, and then trade off the old stuff for my customers and it works out perfect.

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I also want multiple monitors too, two monitors for each computer. I do a lot of work in 3d studio max and photoshop so I need it anyways.

SanitysEdge

Aspiring Astrophysicist
A lcd moniter, a MX900 AND a MX1000... DVD Drives, A shiatload of HDD space, A friggin 50 port switch with 11 computers hooked up to it......... 2 computers with 2 AMD 64s????? 2 X800XTs??!!?!? A GIG OF RAM ON BOTH?!?!!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! How in the hell can you afford that? What kind of job do you have???

(and only 3 games? wtf??????)

Last edited:

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
I own Valley Drug Company, we merged with Drugmax, then we merged with Family Meds, now we're worth about 500 million. My younger brother runs the I.T. department for the Drugmax Inc, and I just kind of make money.

I used to play a metric buttload of games, back when UT was reasonably new, but now I just don't have as much interest in it as I should, too much of my free time is taken up by Sculpting, Running, Painting and goofing off, I do a lot of goofing off...a lot.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
I'm 24, Valley North is in New Castle PA, Valley South is in New Orleans, Drugmax Corporate is in Clearwater Florida, FamilyMeds Corporate is in Conneticut, and the store fronts are spread out across the whole east side.
we just closed up Dmax Pitts, which was in Robinson Township PA

/edit, I'm not as rich as you'd assume, I'm a tiny fish in a sea of huge fish, I make more than I deserve, but i'm not like rolling around in piles of money or anything.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well, that's certainly an inspiration.... that's pretty cool, SugarBear. You seem like a pretty successful guy, any tips for the rest of us losers? :lol: (j/k about the losers part)

Jun 3, 2001
England
Visit site
That's cool beans but it seems a bit pointless having 3 games machines if you only have 3 games?

Maybe i missed the point :D

What you do with the other 9 computers btw? I just wondered cause you said like 5 people share your BuF account and i figured it'd be easier for all you guys to have your own accounts if theres so many computers rather than all taking it in turns for one computer?

Last edited by a moderator:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/article.php/342921

LARGO, April 17--Drugmax.com (DMAX) , the leading business-to-business online trade exchange for pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter products, health and beauty aids and nutritional supplements, announced that it acquired all the outstanding stock of Valley Drug Company.

In connection with the acquisition, Valley Drug received $1.7 million in cash, 226,667 shares of Drugmax.com common stock and Drugmax.com will assume approximately $1.7 million of Valley Drug long-term debt.

SugarBear

Sadly Un-Surreal
May 18, 2001
Doesn't even matter
Visit site
usually everyone using the Sugarbear account goes by "I" but in this case, I'll make an exception.

He has 3 gaming machines because when we all get together (4 brothers and our Dad) we play some fierce games, usually we play Rainbow Six Raven Shield, but we'll throw down on pretty much any game out there, and since he has 3 great rigs it makes it easy and I just have to lug my Shuttle over and our older brother brings his AlienWare laptop to game on. He spends most of his time when he's at home sculpting and painting, he's a profesional sculptor too, he's been tooling around showing all of us the trade, one of us posted a thread a while ago with a naked chick reclining..we've given up on it because we suck, but he's working on some stuff for Mcfarlane right now.