3DsMax shape Question:

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
I don’t get this, I’m dong a tutorial and it says to make a line and add some Refine points to later drag out to begin to form the shape for a stool seat.

For some reason, the Refine points on my line have handles, and the line has a smooth curve, but in the book the line shows up as a straight line with no handles? Is there something I need to turn off or on?

I wouldn’t be surprised if the book is messed up, there are spelling errors everywhere in the chapters, and I read the tutorial three times, and it’s very easy to follow, so I know it can’t be that!

Spooge

Digital Content Creator
Jul 9, 2000
TN -USA
www.planetunreal.com
Well... you have the answer right there in your second image... notice the check mark next to "Bezier Corner"...? That means it is a vertex with the control type of a Bezier Corner and you can adjust the shape of that Bezier Curve with those handle bars.

If you do not want a Bezier Corner then simply check the one that just says "Corner". in fact you can drag a window around ALL of the vertices and then select "Corner" and they will ALL have straight edges and no Control handle bars.

Keep in mind that it will show you what is set based on the Vertex you have selected at that time. So one can be set to "Bezier", another set to "Smooth" and yet another set to "Corner"... depending on what you are trying to do with that Spline.

Good luck.

Just a note... this "might" not be the best forum for these questions... they have MAX forums out there. I don't mind, but others... you never know.

Starstreams

Mar 12, 2001
USA
mgiese1.home.comcast.net
Thanks Spooge, that did the trick!
I don’t know what happened the first time I tried changing it to corner, it didn’t’ work. But now it is.
Maybe the software just got stuck or something. I’m just surprised that the book didn’t mention that setting giving that this is only the third chapter, and I had also tried resetting the program
As far as being unreal related, I’m thinking of making a stool for my level. :D Now Max and the ED have more in common guess :D J/K
One reason I post here is because I know “you” always reply to the Max questions, and so far all your suggestions have worked very well, plus I haven’t really found a max link that lets you post pictures. Anyway, you’ve solved another one of my dilemmas,

Thank you

O, by the way, I was at your site today; them pictures of The Gallery are looking killer! Looking forward to another masterpiece!
http://www.planetunreal.com/Spooger/WIP.html